Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Interior and puddle lights no longer come on
yucca

Interior and puddle lights no longer come on

I was playing around the other day with the interior lights above the dash, swooshing them on and off and now I have noticed that they no longer come on when I open the doors. Furthermore the puddle lights no longer light up when I unlock the car. Can anyone help me to get them back to normal? I must have made some sort of combination by accident and disabled them.
05-05-2012 03:31pm
Find all posts by this user
cjfp

RE: Interior and puddle lights no longer come on

With engine off, Hold your hand under the front centre light for about 2 or 3 seconds and a meesage should appear on the driver console liking you that you have either just switched the auto lights on (or off if they were already on)

If you need more info then check the relevant section in the manual.

However, this might not been your answer as I cannot remember if the puddle lights are included in this process or not.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-05-2012 03:58pm
yucca

RE: Interior and puddle lights no longer come on

(05-05-2012 03:58pm)cjfp Wrote:  With engine off, Hold your hand under the front centre light for about 2 or 3 seconds and a meesage should appear on the driver console liking you that you have either just switched the auto lights on (or off if they were already on)

If you need more info then check the relevant section in the manual.

However, this might not been your answer as I cannot remember if the puddle lights are included in this process or not.

Cheers CJFP that was just the ticket. Tried it out now and fixed it. Puddle lamps must be connected as they are now working properly too. What a relief.
05-05-2012 04:26pm
Thread Closed