Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Insurance on the Evoque
Bomberboy

RE: Insurance on the Evoque

"I can't remember which insurance companies it was - but some are very crafty - e.g. they offer new for old in the first 2 years, but when you read the fine print it does say something like:
"If the exact model is not currently available in Australia, they will pay you market value or agreed value instead of replacing the car."

(This has never been an issue for me in the past as with Nissans and Mitsubishis, there is only a few options and lots of current stock.)

Market value I am always weary of - as it is essentially a license for them to pick a figure out of the air. Hence I always make sure my agreed value will cover the entire purchase price , even if i write it off at day 1.

Call me cynical, but I can just see an insurance company using the lack of your exact specced car availability being a reason why they have to give you $70K ish cash rather than them buying you a new $90k ish car."

Spot on DefLeppard, I called them back and another customer service person explained it just as you have, ie. if they can't find the identical car in their available pool, they will just pay agreed value. This made me increase my Agreed value for peace of mind, despite that original customer service person saying agreed value is irrevelant because old for new in first 2 years is based on their recorded purchase price.

Therefore to be safe my fellow evoque owners,
1. Make your agreed value equal the purchase value
2. Call the insurer so that they can manually add in all the options you have on your car eg. Dynamic plus seats, surround camera sets, upgraded 20"mags, so that they don't have the option of giving you a 'new' for old replacement without those options youve specced.

Dynamic Si4, Fuji, Contrast panoramic roof, 20"Sparkle mags, Lotsa inside goodies
Build, sometime Feb
Delivered April 2012
02-05-2012 01:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

thanks bomberboy, will have to check it out

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
03-05-2012 10:17am
JoBro

Re: Insurance on the Evoque

Spoke with AAMI when I was paying and they said that its new for old within the first 2 years and if they can't replace my car exactly with all extras or if its going to take 8 months to order a new car that they would pay out the purchase price of the car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
04-05-2012 11:04pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DT_Sanchez

(26-04-2012 02:55am)chiggy Wrote:  I went with Buzz too!

Who are you thinking of going with next year Chiggy? I am in the same boat with Buzz.

Fuji White Dynamic TD4 | Style 5 19" Rims | Pano Roof | Park Assist | Auto Tail Gate | Rear Cam
11-06-2012 06:36am
chiggy

I just had a look at RAC and I think that's going to be the best - at least here in WA.

Just replacing my evoque with a new one at the moment - should have it by the end of the week and I think RAC is actually going to turn out cheaper than anyone else. $1200 approximately - under 25 so that doesn't help the situation.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-06-2012 06:40am
QUEEVO

Good advice Bomberboy - cheers! Thanks to all..

I am paying c. $1650pa...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
20-06-2012 09:46am
Jai

Insurance on the Evoque

Another reason for bumping up your agreed value is that if your car is written off you may need some extra coverage to cover that gap between what you got paid and what you owe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22-06-2012 12:35pm
Biker

I'm also at Buzz, but they sent out a letter saying they no longer will do new insurance, only seeing through current ones and will honour any claims.

Pity.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
26-06-2012 12:34pm
normangt

Insurance on the Evoque

£280 per year fully comp

Esure
26-06-2012 02:47pm
missevoque

Curious to know how much sydney-siders are paying & with whom you're insured with... I think it's going to be a lot more than everyone else here...

Pure SD4 Auto Fuji White
Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, pano roof, electric tailgate, etc etc
Built June 12, 2012.... Arrived in Sydney August 1st.... The countdown to delivery is on!
27-06-2012 04:45am