Leasing 32.00% 8 32.00%
Total 25 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cash .vs. Finance .v.s Lease
chiggy

RE: Cash .vs. Finance .v.s Lease

Always Financed/Leased as I feel I'd rather invest 70-80% of available cash as a deposit on a property or shares or something. That way your returns on your investment will outweigh your interest rate on your lease/finance and effectively providing for greater wealth in the long term while still enjoying a car on the way there Smile

happy to be proved wrong.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
02-03-2012 04:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Asty

Cash .vs. Finance .v.s Lease

PCP via company gets list price discount, interest free deposit, and unlimited mileage/tyres/claims etc. No brainier although unlikely to purchase after term due to deposit added to GFV.

The average non investor is better buying cash due to finance % being higher than bank saving %. But if your money goes in a profitable business, finance your cars.

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
02-03-2012 11:06pm
The Valeter

RE: Cash .vs. Finance .v.s Lease

No way could I pay cash for this car - just out of that league lol.
Was going to do PCP as I have done before but my dealer says I can lease it from LR if I want. I am self employed but not VAT registered so can't claim that bit back but I don't intend keeping the car after 3 years so I was talking to the dealer today & sugested with that in mind I can't see that being much different to PCP as you have no entitlement to the car anyway until the final rental as they call it is paid (balloon).
Normal finance gives you far more rights but nowdays is harder to get especially with the handback/walkaway clause once you have paid 50%, not that this is likely to be used in the Evoque's case if the value predictions are correct.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
03-03-2012 12:41am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Broadsword1959

HM Revenue & Customs

HM Revenue and Customs are paying for mine.

As I work most of the year away from UK (9-10 months on average) am entitled to recover PAYE Tax paid.

2010 - 2011 rebate has arrived and thats paying for my Evoque.

Not the best savings plan (no interest) and the Mrs and kids (20-21) only see you every so often but a new RR Evoque for the Mrs to drive about in will lighten the weight on my shoulders.

Hope to be in UK for 2012 - 2013 to get to drive the car so sacrificing the tax but will be worth it I am sure.

Had to buy British with HMRC refund - just wish the government would too - we do make good products !

Pure, SD4, Manual, Baltic Blue, Ebony Interior, Tech Pack, Xenon Headlights, Folding Mirrors / Puddle Lights, Front Fog Lights, Reversing Camera
[Image: 124096.png]
14-03-2012 06:39pm