Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windscreen washer jets faulty
Teetree

Windscreen washer jets faulty

Had a look last night , it's spray wipe, spray wipe ,wipe , pause, wipe ,pause wipe , longer pause then a final wipe ! I'm sad I know:)
16-04-2013 03:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: Windscreen washer jets faulty

(16-04-2013 03:43pm)Teetree Wrote:  Had a look last night , it's spray wipe, spray wipe ,wipe , pause, wipe ,pause wipe , longer pause then a final wipe ! I'm sad I knowSmile

Is that a foxtrot or a quickstep Very Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
18-04-2013 08:47am
Fireysam

(12-04-2013 08:52am)Workman Wrote:  Hi all

I have an Si4 Dynamic 3dr which I got from new back in October 2011.

A few months ago, the left windscreen washer stopped giving a nice, wide spray of water and instead started just 'pouring' water just a few inches up the windscreen. In the last few days, the right one has started doing the same.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what the problem is? I can't see a blockage. Ideally, if someone could take a very close-up photo of one of their jets and post it, I'd be grateful - I wonder if there was a filter on the front of them which has fallen off.

Hi there

This happened to my near side jet and what has happened is that the end piece has fallen off.

Get it booked in and replaced ;0)

Delivered ...Prestige SD4 Barolo Black, Style 6 sparkle Silver Alloys ....oh yes
18-04-2013 03:12pm
kkzt190

Happened to me on the passenger side, got replaced and now both have gone - in for annual service soon and hopefully replaced.

Not sure what it is but it would appear to be more of a design issue if so many of them are popping out.

Firenze SD4 Dynamic (with AD) ordered Oct 2011, arrived Apr 2012
23-04-2013 06:23pm
PhilSkill

Maybe the freezing conditions freezing the water inside the jets has popped them out ...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-04-2013 01:04pm
Sensorian

This has happened on both sides of mine now. Just gloops out in a torrent.... It's as if there is a piece missing from the jets or something.... very strange.

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
26-05-2013 01:53pm
MDMD

(12-04-2013 08:52am)Workman Wrote:  Hi all

I have an Si4 Dynamic 3dr which I got from new back in October 2011.

A few months ago, the left windscreen washer stopped giving a nice, wide spray of water and instead started just 'pouring' water just a few inches up the windscreen. In the last few days, the right one has started doing the same.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what the problem is? I can't see a blockage. Ideally, if someone could take a very close-up photo of one of their jets and post it, I'd be grateful - I wonder if there was a filter on the front of them which has fallen off.

Hi, have just suffered exactly the same problem, both spry nozzles within the washer jets have broken off. Have been told by dealer its because I've not used screen wash! YThey say this is not something they've seen before! Have quoted £235 to replace, what a rip off.
23-04-2015 10:59am
benzina

Can someone with normal new jets take a close up picture and post on here so we can see what is normal and what is not?
I been thinking mine aren't spraying like they used to either.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2015 12:23pm by benzina.)
23-04-2015 12:22pm