Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to detailing
Kentboy

RE: New to detailing

(27-06-2012 12:16pm)Kimv Wrote:  Actually when I contacted Gtechniq to order C1 they kind of directed me towards C2 or C1.5 in stead. C1 is actually for professional use only... It is true that C1 is the better product but also more difficult to prep and apply. I didn't want to take that chance... Between C1.5 and C2, just remember that C2 can be dilluted to be used as a quick detailing spray to top up the layer whereas C1.5 is to be used undilluted.

I am not knocking the skills of a detailer but it is not a highly skilled job to 'carefully' clean a car and apply a product like C1. Have you seen some of the guys working in so called 'detailing' businesses, frankly I wouldnt let some of them near my car and feel much better about doing it myself. Call it detailing and it trebles the price.
(27-06-2012 04:53pm)Deaky Wrote:  Thanks for all the info folks. Getting close now. Collecting it Friday afternoon. Very Happy

Deaky let us know how you get on as I have ordered all the kit and will be protecting my new baby very soon. I do not though have an under cover facility to do it in.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2012 05:30pm by Kentboy.)
27-06-2012 05:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deaky

I might be able to get it in the garage if I clear out all my bikes Embarrassed so I plan on doing it outside too. I'll keep you posted. I have got a 3m x 3m gazeebo I can put up if I need to though
28-06-2012 09:34am
Kentboy

(28-06-2012 09:34am)Deaky Wrote:  I might be able to get it in the garage if I clear out all my bikes Embarrassed so I plan on doing it outside too. I'll keep you posted. I have got a 3m x 3m gazeebo I can put up if I need to though

Hey Deaky, its not likely to rain as its summer!!!!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
28-06-2012 09:44am
doug

The drying time before you need to remove the surplus is only a few minutes with C1 . So be carefully if it's parked in the sun, as you will only have 1-2 minutes. I would only apply it in a cool area or wait until the evening.
If it's C1+ that's fine, as it needs a warm/hot surface to bond too.

Just take your time doing small areas & enjoy Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2012 09:50am by doug.)
28-06-2012 09:47am