Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ingenium 2.0ltr 180 Diesel
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ingenium 2.0ltr 180 Diesel

I have not experienced an Evoque with the "new" Ingenium engines but today when my RRS SDv6 was in for annual service I was given an almost new (900 miles on the odo) Jaguar XE 2.0 180 R-Sport. My god what a vocal engine - sounded like an LTI Taxi until it was warmed up, really rattly. However once warmed up it was a very nice car to drive and the pick up and torque were impressive even in the economy mode - this car had I think the 8speed automatic gearbox. It also had Jaguar's equivalent of Dynamic mode in the Evoque, which I didn't try as the car ran very nicely in economy mode. Most impressive was the auto trip mpg - my 20 miles drive home had the 1st 4 miles in stop/start Stirling rush hour at 0830 and the stop start system didn't start operating until the engine was warmed up, but by the time I pulled into my drive the trip mpg was showing 67.4mpg! It is the first loan car I have received with more than vapours in the fuel tank (there was a half tank in it) but also the first loaner that I have returned where the 50 miles I added to the odo didn't show any drop in the fuel gauge even though the range remaining had dropped. I added £5 of diesel to the tank before handing it back.
Now for the Ingenium powered Evoques here - is your 2.0 180 Ingenium engine a rattly old thing until warm because it kind of spoils an otherwise very nice engine? Are the Evoques with the same engine so frugal with fuel as the XE which is lighter and rear wheel drive in the version I had today. My drives were 80% fast A roads today and in temperatures of 17c with not much wind. Certainly I would now like to try the twin turbo 240bhp version of the same engine that is now available for Discovery 5 and RRS.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-05-2017 10:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stilolos

RE: Ingenium 2.0ltr 180 Diesel

I had a loaner 2.0 today while mine was in for warranty issues. It was definately quieter and more refined than the 2.2 engine. I didn't think there would be much difference but I think its sufficient to say I'll miss her when I give it back tomorrow morning. If you think the ingenuim is vocal, have a listen to the old 2.2 again lol.
06-05-2017 12:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm used to the silence of the SDv6 RRS now......... but was impressed by the Ingenium and that bodes well for the bigger and more powerful versions in the pipeline. I didn't open the bonnet of the XE but I wonder if it has anything to do with the engine being a fore and aft layout rather than the transverse layout in Evoque

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 08:49am by XFullFatTim.)
06-05-2017 08:48am
druand

After 4 Freelander 2 autos all with 2.2, both 160 bhp and 190 bhp
I now have a 180 Evoque 2.0 Auto and find it very quiet and compares well with Mercedes 180 petrol for noise level.
06-05-2017 10:35am