Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Infotainment Issue
Crustydaemon

Infotainment Issue

I have 2013 Evoque (Pure Premium), and I encounter the following whenever I use the Infotainment system

1. If Audio is ON and when I change to Reverse gear (vehicle not moving), the volume control button is inoperable (I cannot increase/decrease the volume nor I can turn-off the audio – basically the button does not function when the car is in ‘R’ gear Position)

2. Park aid & sensors does beep when I am trying to park, but the vehicle picture does not pop up on the screen when the vehicle is close to an obstacle

3. Satellite Radio
When I Turn-off the Audio in the Satellite Radio mode, I still hear a faint volume from the speakers. Although this does not happen frequently, it does when I use Sat-Radio for more than 1 hour or so

If anyone has 2012/2013, can you verify if your car does the same? the dealer says they could not find any fault codes & could not verify.
20-11-2014 07:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Amadeus

RE: Infotainment Issue

Re 1. Yes, assume the sensors have priority (to ensure you concentrate on reversing rather than trying to adjust audio!?). My audio levels reduce as I back out of my garage, then come up again automatically when I'm out even if still reversing.
As for other points I don't have them so can't comment.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2014 11:22pm by Amadeus.)
22-11-2014 11:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When reverse is engaged and you have the rear parking sensors then the audio volume adjusts the loudness of the warning peeps - same when you get a direction from the lady in the dash for the satnav - when she is commanding you you can only adjust her volume.

When you engage reverse doesn't your reversing cam show you amber bars then red bars as you get close to an object, along with increasingly rapid peeps from the audible warning? My reversing screen shows firstly one solid line each side of the car on each side and also a pecked line, both bend to show the predicted line the car will take when you turn the steering wheel. When I get within 1m/3 ft of an object behind the car I get first amber blocks appearing followed by red blocks just before there is a loud bang and the tailgate is broken!

Satellite Radio is only available in the USA as far as I know, so only American members or members with USA spec cars will be able to help with that one.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 09:56am by XFullFatTim.)
23-11-2014 09:44am
Amadeus

Try to put those Fuji memories behind you Tim - err, no pun intended!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2014 07:20pm by Amadeus.)
23-11-2014 07:18pm
Crustydaemon

Even my car(2013) does exactly the same you guys are describing (when I am trying to reverse). But my question was

Try this - Audio is "ON" and gear in 'R' position, DO NOT move the vehicle, keep your foot on the brake. Then try to operate the audio button (try to turn-off the audio or Increase or decrease the volume).
I did try this in 2014/2015 models and you can operate the Audio button when the Gear is in 'R' position (vehicle is not moving).
25-11-2014 09:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Maybe LR fixed a glitch that nobody else noticed or complained about in model years prior to 2014/2015 then!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-11-2014 10:23am
scrannel

USA car, 2013: when I put car in reverse and the rear camera comes on, radio (etc.) sound drops (even sound of blinkers goes off) and while (even whilst) in reverse volume button is unusable. What I see as strange with your car is that apparently your radio volume doesn't automatically mute.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2014 09:22pm by scrannel.)
26-11-2014 09:21pm