Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue
simonc

RE: Information direct from Land Rover on iPhone IOS 5 issue

Well all I can say is I've had zero problems since I started to ensure the Bluetooth connection has completely established before I connect the iPhone by cable. If you do that then you should have no difficulty in retaining music through the cable while taking / making calls via BT.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
30-03-2012 11:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

Im having issue with my music skipping when connected via bluetooth and via cable for some reason. Has it something to do with IOS 5.01?

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
31-03-2012 07:13am
deadliner

(30-03-2012 11:22pm)simonc Wrote:  Well all I can say is I've had zero problems since I started to ensure the Bluetooth connection has completely established before I connect the iPhone by cable. If you do that then you should have no difficulty in retaining music through the cable while taking / making calls via BT.

I hope it will work for me too, when I get my car Smile Thanks for info.

Dynamic TD4, Fuji White, Verve, automatic, privacy glass, style 4 19, rear cam, front-pdc, seat heating, adaptive xenons. (delivered 14.6.)
31-03-2012 10:28am
speary

I think I have a releated problem. I have tom tom on my iphone 4 (ios 5.1) and since I got my Evoque I dont get any voice from tom tom. After some trial and error I have discovered that if bluetooth is on and connected to the car I get no sound. If I turn off BT then it works fine. I presume that this is due to the BT audio streaming option from the iphone to the car. Can BT audio streaming be turned off whilst maintaining the phone operation.Confused

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-04-2012 08:13am
speary

(19-04-2012 08:13am)speary Wrote:  I think I have a releated problem. I have tom tom on my iphone 4 (ios 5.1) and since I got my Evoque I dont get any voice from tom tom. After some trial and error I have discovered that if bluetooth is on and connected to the car I get no sound. If I turn off BT then it works fine. I presume that this is due to the BT audio streaming option from the iphone to the car. Can BT audio streaming be turned off whilst maintaining the phone operation.Confused

I have just answered my own question. Yes you can turn off BT music streaming and still keep the phone connected. Also this allows Tom Tom to speak again. Problem solvedVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-04-2012 08:06am
mnd

Anybody upgraded to 5.1.1 and tried to see if the issue is now fixed??
16-05-2012 11:37pm
evoquemayne

Sorry, please forgive me and ignore this post if it is of no help but:

I had a very similar issue orginally on my VW Scirocco, and I found there was a rather simple, albeit slightly annoying workaround built into iOS.

When the phone is connected to Bluetooth for the car, simply navigate to the iPod app and there should be a sort of rectangle with a triangle logo at the bottom of the app, which will have the name of the corresponding Audio output device. In my case, and it would appear in the case of Evoque owners (of which I am soon to be), it will autoselect the currently connected Bluetooth source for audio playback. If you hit the logo, you will be able to assign the dock connector for Audio ouput.

Once this is done, the sound will start to play out of the phone's inbuilt speakers. At this point, plug it in to the iPod cable connected to the car and hey presto, it directs all calls etc to the Bluetooth, and audio through the cable. Annoyingly, this does need to be done every time you sit in the car, but it beats nothing. It also needs to be done in the above order. If you plug it in first and expect it to do right thing, it simply won't and as soon as it auto connects to bluetooth, it will direct audio through there and you'll have to select dock connector.

I have attached some photos to illustrate. Hope this helps.

I initially had an issue with uncanny similarity with the Scirocco, and this fixed it. This could potentially be why Apple has remained mum on the issue, as it sees this as a fix.
The first attachment is an image showing what the selection of audio sources menu should look like when the logo is pressed. One of these will be named 'Dock Connector' and the other will be the Evoque's bluetooth name. Select dock connector, and it really should work. The second attachement shows the aforementioned logo.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.png  Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 02.16.35.png (Size: 8.09 KB / Downloads: 253)
(This post was last modified: 17-05-2012 02:22am by evoquemayne.)
17-05-2012 02:13am
Martynk

I have had no problems with connectivity - sometimes it drops the audio, not sure why, but if I flick to a radio station and back, it works fine after that, but only happened a couple of times. Its one of the things I really like about the Evoque is all the connectivity.

I have an ipod permanently in the glove box, and use my phone when I want to play my spotify music on BT, and that all switches around with phone calls coming in and out with no issues. The fact I can switch between stored CDs, actual CDs, any of my thousands of Spotify songs, the Itunes on my ipod, and all with a couple of button presses is pretty amazing for me, never had a car that quite gets it all right like that.

Martyn
18-05-2012 08:31am
gw76

Tried all the suggestions given with unlinking BT and order of attaching etc and its still intermittently cuts out. It is very annoying. I would just stick to BT however as others have posted, not all the tracks saved in my Iphone always appear via BT.
MmmConfused
28-07-2012 09:56pm
BaroqueAs

(17-05-2012 02:13am)evoquemayne Wrote:  The first attachment is an image showing what the selection of audio sources menu should look like when the logo is pressed. One of these will be named 'Dock Connector' and the other will be the Evoque's bluetooth name. Select dock connector, and it really should work. The second attachement shows the aforementioned logo.

I can confirm this is a usable if annoying workaround that works.

On mine it says:

Range Rover Evoque
Dock connector

Selecting Dock connector stops Bluetooth audio streaming.

This is on an iPhone 4S iOS 6.1.2.

After a bit more investigation trying to sort out this issue, an Apple Support thread explains the issue.
As previously mentioned, let Bluetooth pair the Evoque with the phone first. Then plug in the dock connector.

Further explanations here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/309...0&tstart=0

SI4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red - cause it goes fasterIdea
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 06:17am by BaroqueAs.)
03-03-2013 06:05am