Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Incontrol Apps
MartinP

RE: Incontrol Apps

(06-01-2015 02:00pm)Tuono Wrote:  Thanks, the online configuration tool doesn't mandate this, but reading through the forum it doesn't look like the online configuration tool is that accurate.

The online configurator does not reflect this but it gets a mention in the small print in the brochure. If you go to a dealer and build your car on their system it will not allow the HUD without the solar glass. I did this last week and spent ages working out the difference between their cost and mine!

(06-01-2015 01:30pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Yeap I asked the same question but I love my heated windscreen more than HUD, so it was off the list.

You can still get the heated screen with the solar glass, can't you? I thought the solar glass was just a coating to reflect the UV rays?

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 07:53pm by MartinP.)
06-01-2015 07:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tuono

(06-01-2015 07:50pm)MartinP Wrote:  The online configurator does not reflect this but it gets a mention in the small print in the brochure. If you go to a dealer and build your car on their system it will not allow the HUD without the solar glass. I did this last week and spent ages working out the difference between their cost and mine!

The latest PDF brochure confirms this requirement, it just looks like the online configuration tool isn't that accurate.
06-01-2015 09:05pm
Devonian

(06-01-2015 07:50pm)MartinP Wrote:  The online configurator does not reflect this but it gets a mention in the small print in the brochure. If you go to a dealer and build your car on their system it will not allow the HUD without the solar glass. I did this last week and spent ages working out the difference between their cost and mine!

You can still get the heated screen with the solar glass, can't you? I thought the solar glass was just a coating to reflect the UV rays?

Yes you can. I had both on my last Dynamic. The solar glass is just a film on the windscreen. It doesn't make any difference to the heated screen.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
06-01-2015 10:32pm
MartinP

Thanks Devonian, I'm looking to spec both so that's reassuring.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
06-01-2015 10:43pm
Devonian

(06-01-2015 10:43pm)MartinP Wrote:  Thanks Devonian, I'm looking to spec both so that's reassuring.

No worries. Hopefully picking mine up on Friday or over the weekend so will let you know what it's like.

Cheers

Martin

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
06-01-2015 11:23pm
MartinP

(06-01-2015 11:23pm)Devonian Wrote:  No worries. Hopefully picking mine up on Friday or over the weekend so will let you know what it's like.

Cheers

Martin

Appreciate that as you are getting a few of the new toys that I am considering.

Cheers

07-01-2015 01:10pm
Stadt Panzer

Incontrol Apps

Wow, you learn something new everyday.

I was told by my dealer that it wasn't possible and that's why he had to reorder my present Evoque twice!!

One with and one without. Oh well water well under the bridge now Wink

Somewhere in the North Sea.
07-01-2015 05:04pm
Devonian

(07-01-2015 05:04pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Wow, you learn something new everyday.

I was told by my dealer that it wasn't possible and that's why he had to reorder my present Evoque twice!!

One with and one without. Oh well water well under the bridge now Wink

I find it bizarre if someone's job is selling something they quite often don't understand their product. I've learnt far more from this forum than I have from any dealer. It would be like going in to an Apple Store and dealing someone who had never used an iPhone. Definitely an area that some dealerships need to pay some serious attention to.

07-01-2015 11:59pm
Daveparky

I have specced both the HUD and In-Control Apps, if you have any questions about either let me know. My Dealer was clueless about them.

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
10-01-2015 09:33am