Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Incoming caller ID not showing.
bell-auto-services

Incoming caller ID not showing.

Anyway, as per the title i cant seem to get any of my incoming calls to show the name of the caller. Outgoing calls are ok and they show both on the nav and the ipac.

Im using an Iphone4 firmware 4.2.1 which has not had any problems in the past with any Landrover untill now,has anyone else had the same or am i not reading the book correctly.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 07:53pm by bell-auto-services.)
25-10-2011 07:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

RE: Incoming caller ID not showing.

I had the same problems on that firmware 4.2.1 in my BM, but once i installed 4.3.3 all was ok .

I use the firmware updates which are released by the Dev Team on modmyi.com or clarified.com (these are the Apple firmware updates installed through a software called pawnage tool) i do this because i like the freedom of a jailbroken iphone..

25-10-2011 08:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Ill look into an update firmware then possibily, like you i have a jailbroken phone and this is why im still on 4.2.1 due to not having the time to upgrade and backup my phone first.

Thank you.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 08:09pm by bell-auto-services.)
25-10-2011 08:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

(25-10-2011 08:08pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Ill look into an update firmware then possibily, like you i have a jailbroken phone and this is why im still on 4.2.1 due to not having the time to upgrade and backup my phone first.

Thank you.

Pete

I would wait a short while for the Dev Team to release the IOS 5.

They have released a semi tethered version, which is available now, the only drawback with this is, if you power off you need to re-boot through a software called Redsn0w.

The untethered version shouldn't be to long await now..hope this helps..Very Happy

25-10-2011 08:19pm
bell-auto-services

Ahh yes id prefer the latest IOS if im having to mess about to do it. Im happy really with the phone and the current jailbreak i have with its related apps apart from this car problem. I used Green Poisi0n last time to jailbreak itim not sure what will be offered for IOS5 ?

whats new in IOS5ive not looked ?

Pete

25-10-2011 08:41pm
cutter7

There are about 200 new features on the iOS 5 all of these are detailed on the http://www.apple.com/uk website and there is also a video too.

One of the best parts of this, is a programme called 'Siri' which allows you to talk to your iphone to dial, text, e-mail people and lots more all from a voice command!

Soon you will be able to add this to iOS 5 through, Cydia.

I always use Redsn0w never had a problem, and it's so easy. Take a look at the tutorials, on iclarified.com

I have used greenp0ision but prefer Redsn0w, and as i don't need the un-lock it doesn't take long to install..

(This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 09:02pm by cutter7.)
25-10-2011 08:56pm
bell-auto-services

Perfect thanks for the info, ill get reading.

Pete

25-10-2011 09:01pm
fam1x

(25-10-2011 08:56pm)cutter7 Wrote:  There are about 200 new features on the iOS 5 all of these are detailed on the http://www.apple.com/uk website and there is also a video too.

One of the best parts of this, is a programme called 'Siri' which allows you to talk to your iphone to dial, text, e-mail people and lots more all from a voice command!

Soon you will be able to add this to iOS 5 through, Cydia.

I always use Redsn0w never had a problem, and it's so easy. Take a look at the tutorials, on iclarified.com

I have used greenp0ision but prefer Redsn0w, and as i don't need the un-lock it doesn't take long to install..

Curious to know if Siri will work via the bluetooth connect from the car and do as you say, it should do?
Cant wait to get my hands on the car to test it out mmmmm

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
07-11-2011 12:31pm