Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In the club!
ChuckieB

In the club!

Well it happened for me too today! Picked it up from the dealer this afternoon. All extremely smooth and courteous but there was relatively little fanfare.

Works out as 5 months to the day since the order was taken.

Family seem very pleased. Didn't get much chance to cover much more than the functional stuff and get it home before dark. Did note one or two points for them to record on their records but better to have mentioned them now just in case.

So far already quite positive and somewhat relieved that certain things that I have spotted have already been highlighted by others. It's not just me! Time on the forum has been really great to help spot those little things to be wary of, so thanks. Already taking care when buckling up not to knock the console!

So lots of time to be spent tomorrow and will then certainly look forward to posting some more detail and some photos.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
17-02-2012 10:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: In the club!

Change your sig! Very Happy

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-02-2012 10:35pm
ChuckieB

(17-02-2012 10:35pm)cjfp Wrote:  Change your sig! Very Happy

It's been a long day!

Delivered 17/2/2012!

17-02-2012 10:41pm
LDT

Great news! Look forward to reading more in due course and seeing your pics.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-02-2012 10:41pm
cjfp

(17-02-2012 10:41pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  It's been a long day!

But great fun I hope Thumbs Up

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-02-2012 10:45pm
ChuckieB

Off topic a bit but the dealer was already sounding me out on satisfaction with the general process.

He certainly apologised for the not hitting the expected delivery date and felt it was, as we all know, partly explainable by the fact that these cars are flying out the door (or not as the production case may be!) faster than anyone anticipated.

He was fearful there are still problems in the pipeline. He mentioned the prospect, just advised to him by JLR, of having to face a number of customers whose deliveries are imminent and the factory haven't been able build to the exact spec of the order. Didn't quiz him further but am guessing it could be to do with things like the availability of wheels.

Current lead time for order his dealership. [/align]September.

(17-02-2012 10:45pm)cjfp Wrote:  But great fun I hope Thumbs Up

More a day of expectant relief! Been browsing this forum day in and day out for 5 mths just to keep me going! The marathon, for me at least, is finally over Cool
(17-02-2012 10:41pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  It's been a long day!

Just remembered why it's been such a long day. It's not the car at all! It must have been the hour and a half spent in the kitchen showroom watching some bloke making a dog's dinner of a design for a new kitchen. Did my head in!

New car? Possible New kitchen? Recession? What Recession!Laughing

Delivered 17/2/2012!

(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 11:40pm by ChuckieB.)
17-02-2012 11:11pm
Daigriff

(17-02-2012 10:31pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Well it happened for me too today! Picked it up from the dealer this afternoon. All extremely smooth and courteous but there was relatively little fanfare.
No fanfare for mine when I picked it up either which was disappointing for wife and girls.

It was really flat tbh just glad to get out of there. More fuss when we purchased wifes mini costing a third of the price. LR could learn a lot from other Marques.

Look forward to some pics.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
18-02-2012 12:55am
ChuckieB

Finally got some photos taken & uploaded before fitting the roof bars the rain setting in.

http://s1052.photobucket.com/albums/s445...CF0546.jpg

Now been out (with my wife driving) in some horrendous conditions! So the car looks a whole load less clean now both inside and out. I don't make a good passenger at the best of times but with my wife at the wheel of our brand new car in bad weather.......Shocked

This car is a whole load differnt to what I have at the moment. So I want to get a few more miles under my belt before I comment.

And yes there are niggles (minor so far), but that's for another post! No ominous rattles so far though Very Happy

Delivered 17/2/2012!

18-02-2012 07:32pm
MartinP

That looks stunning Chuckie - you must be very pleased!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-02-2012 08:05pm
ChuckieB

(18-02-2012 08:05pm)MartinP Wrote:  That looks stunning Chuckie - you must be very pleased!

Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy.does that tell you?

Delivered 17/2/2012!

18-02-2012 09:38pm