Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"In the build process" what does this mean?
ED209

I emailed nick@lr this morning seeing as my dealer didnt reply to me. To her credit she replied almost immediately.

she states my car is showing as in the build process. Now last i heard my build date was 27th March. Does this mean my car has actually gone into build? early? or would the computer show it as in the build process for a short while before it was actually built??

hopefully this might mean when i get back from norway next week my car might be waiting for me!!!!!!!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-03-2012 07:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: "In the build process" what does this mean?

(21-03-2012 07:33pm)ED209 Wrote:  I emailed nick@lr this morning seeing as my dealer didnt reply to me. To her credit she replied almost immediately.

she states my car is showing as in the build process. Now last i heard my build date was 27th March. Does this mean my car has actually gone into build? early? or would the computer show it as in the build process for a short while before it was actually built??

hopefully this might mean when i get back from norway next week my car might be waiting for me!!!!!!!

If it states the build date is the 27th (not was as we arn't there yet lol) then that is when it will be on the line being built.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 07:55pm by The Valeter.)
21-03-2012 07:55pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(21-03-2012 07:55pm)The Valeter Wrote:  If it states the build date is the 27th (not was as we arn't there yet lol) then that is when it will be on the line being built.

No i was told the build date was the 27th about a month or more ago. I enquired today to see if this was still the case and i was told that it was in the build process. I would have thought that this would mean it has come forward a bit and is actually being built now?

However given the strangeness of the lr delivery and ordering process I am never 100% sure about anything!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
21-03-2012 08:03pm
ceebee

I would have thought that if it was "in the build process" then it should physically be on the production line at some stage?.

I could be wrong, but it's looking positive for you ED, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel now?

Mine was delivered to dealers (same dealer as yours) around 8 or so days from it's build day.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
21-03-2012 08:21pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It could mean that they are just ordering in all the right parts for your order

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-03-2012 08:35pm
caroline11000

Sounds like it's on the production line, my car took 5 working days to build and I took delivery within a week after Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
21-03-2012 08:42pm
PAT

Yip, sounds to me that your car has gone into production early (as in before the 27th) so I'd not be surprised if its ready for next week.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
21-03-2012 09:14pm
THEMACS

Why don't you call LR Customer services?

I did this and received excellent service, they contacted the dealer to get the exact details and then contacted the factory and got back to me with the build details, and then contacted me once it was started. The guy even give me his direct dial number. Once built they contacted me again and again Monday just gone after we took delivery.

I would have thought it is probably a fair bit down the line and will probably nearing completion so you should have it in a week or so!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
21-03-2012 09:21pm