Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Improve your Fuel Economy and Performance
IvorRedOne

Guys, just bought this item from http://bluesparkautomotive.com/crtech2 . Arrived next day and fitted within around 10 minutes. Easy enough to do with basic given instructions. Now seeing a big improvement in MPG. Was currently on 32 MPG on display. Already showing 41 MPG on display. My route/driving style hasn't changed any. Also seeing a difference in Performance ie acceleration has improved. Vehicle spec, SD4 Pure Four door. Bought something similar for wifes Jaguar X-Type Sport 2.2 D Estate and her car gives on average 10 MPG More. Would like to hear of similar experience if anyone else has fitted this or something similar.
13-10-2012 05:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Improve your Fuel Economy and Performance

No way it would give a genuine 10mpg more, too good to be true!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
13-10-2012 06:27pm
smayo

Ivor,

Don't believe the display as the box fools the ECU.
Let us know what you get with a manual calculation.

I've got a tuning box waiting to be fitted soon.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
13-10-2012 06:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Their advert claims "up to 10%MPG improvement" If you are getting 35mpg now then the best you can look forward to is a 3.5mpg improvement............... not so impressive and will take a huge time to repay with an initial cost of £280 +p&p

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 06:43pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-10-2012 06:42pm
IvorRedOne

(13-10-2012 06:27pm)ED209 Wrote:  No way it would give a genuine 10mpg more, too good to be true!
Sure as eggs are eggs. If your referring to my wifes car with her tuning box. Same route she takes each day to work and fuels up less than used to. She sticks to 60 MPH on the Motorways but was doing this prior to the Tuning Box being fitted.

My car, well, certainly the acceleration has improved, but I will report back when I refuel my vehicle. I was getting less than 400 miles to a tank without the Tuning box so I am hoping to achieve more traveling the same routes and same driving style with the tuning box. I will let you know how I get on.

The car has recently had a diagnostics carried out by the dealership at no cost and everything checked out fine. Was told by dealership that fuel economy should improve after 5k miles but I hadn't seen any improvement hence the installation of the Tuning box.
13-10-2012 06:52pm
FujiSan

These things are mostly absolute rubbish. Anything that simply connects onto the pressure rail sensor is not 'mapping' anything. its simply misreporting the common rail's pressure signal back to the ECU, and or, simply increasing the rail pressure.

Do you not think if was as simple a this to increase fuel economy on the LRE, that LR would not do it themselves as a matter of course and save themselves from all of the hassle and negative press from low MPG complaints?

I'm not saying you won't see some changes in performance and you may, perversely get a few percent better on the MPG stakes. but 10MPG? That would be a 30% increase in efficiency over your current 32MPG. I don't think so, sorry.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 08:04pm by FujiSan.)
13-10-2012 08:03pm
ceebee

I have one of these on my SD4 manual for the past 1000 miles and the mpg went from 37 to 42. (measured, not taken from the display).

Car pulls better and drive feels smoother.

Was the £150 bluespark 2 economy module.

I took it off whilst mine was serviced and fitted it to a friends SD4 auto who says his mpg has gone from 31 to 39 driving the same route to work every day. He claims that it also helps with the hesitancy on his auto when setting off etc...

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
13-10-2012 08:21pm
THEMACS

Another One blown the Warranty for the sake of a couple of quids worth of diesel and probably invalidated the insurance too!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 08:46pm by THEMACS.)
13-10-2012 08:45pm
FujiSan

(13-10-2012 08:21pm)ceebee Wrote:  I have one of these on my SD4 manual for the past 1000 miles and the mpg went from 37 to 42. (measured, not taken from the display).

Car pulls better and drive feels smoother.

Was the £150 bluespark 2 economy module.

I took it off whilst mine was serviced and fitted it to a friends SD4 auto who says his mpg has gone from 31 to 39 driving the same route to work every day. He claims that it also helps with the hesitancy on his auto when setting off etc...

Well, I'll tell you what. Why don't you take it along to your friendly LR dealer and let him know you have just found the answer to all LR's MPG woes right across all their vehicle range. They will thank you profusely because they could not possibly have invented something as tremendously important as this all by themselves. The company selling the Bluespark will immediately be acquired by TATA Automotive as a valuable R&D partner and LR owners the world over will rejoice.

On the other hand...

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
13-10-2012 09:26pm
R22Flyer

just about to take delivery of my evoque, I will be intrested on the manual results, I have had similar units on my BMW it defo helped, but since i been using fuely website its easy to track the real MPG

Ordered June 2012- Evoque SD4 5 door Prestige auto, Mauritius Blue, Ambience, LUX Pack, Black Contrast Roof, Pana Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Adaptive Xenons, Black Roof Rails - Picked up 23rd Oct 2012 Smile
13-10-2012 10:00pm