Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Terrain response not working
Simc

RE: Terrain response not working

Further update. Car now in with the dealers. Report is that the software was not recognising terrain response as a feature which I find strange in that it was working and then coming on and off once in a while. They have now updated software and waiting for a new switch panel tomorrow and then hopefully pick it up. In the meantime, have been given a new RRS autobiography for the wife to run around in. So glad to have chosen the evoque, for town driving its size is so much better. The RRS is so BIG![/i]
31-10-2012 10:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RRS is tiny............................. compared to a Disco4 or FFRR! BUT they are all dead easy to drive in town because the view out is unobstructed and they have huge windows. FFRR is one of the easiest cars there is to drive around town once you get used to the length and width

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-10-2012 11:44pm
Simc

Totally agree its something you will get used to and vision is good. I used to drive one when I lived in the country. My other cars are a 911 and a smart fortwo so you can imagine the size difference, jumping out of the smart into the RRS! All great cars, just prefer the look of the evoque, makes the current generation of sport look so boxy!
01-11-2012 01:19am
mpw

Having just had a type replaced (due to puncture) I also experienced the TR system not working. First off was a warning message between the dials saying ES system functioning and take care + a 'swerve' logo on one of the dials. The strip of options, referenced above, could not be used - press an option and nothing. Hill Descent option working. Looked through the manual and it just said contact dealer. Switched engine off to think and consider and then put it on five minutes later and all is working again.

Does sound like a loose connection somewhere though the wheel being changed throws another factor into this. As for a software update rectifying everything I do get more concerned that all problems can be solved by a systems update. Will be checking over the next few days whether there is a need to go to Lookers PArk Royal again.
01-11-2012 08:51pm
Fieldy

read this post yesterday and then lo and behold it happened to me this morning! I got a warning on the dash that there was a gearbox fault and all my terrain options no longer functioned.

Weirdly when I turned the car off and then restarted it was working again.

I am hoping it was a one off!
02-11-2012 10:43am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The switch off and restart is the first thing to try when you get a warning about electronics on the dash - it's the same on all Land Rovers except the Defender (no electronics!). Basically you are rebooting all the computers, so treat it the same way as doing a Ctrl/Alt/Del on a Windows computer, switch off and allow 30 secs before restarting. This aften clears the glitch. If the fault continues to appear then call out LRA or get to a dealership who will first of all examine the fault logs in the ECUs

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2012 11:04am
Simc

What the others are experiencing is different to my experience since there was no error showing on screen or when LR Assist plugged into the computer. Glad that turning on and off sorted the problem.
Forgot to mention that car was collected yesterday with everything now working. Looking forward to now enjoying the new car having spent its first week with this fault!
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 03:57pm by Simc.)
02-11-2012 03:56pm