Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ignition/Engine Stop
TE12BOY

Ignition/Engine Stop

Hi, I've had my Evoque for about 6 weeks in that time if I should leave the engine running when I come to a permanent halt, undo my seat belt and open the driver door and get out the engine stops! A great feature I thought saving the necessity to press the Start/Stop button every time. Now all of a sudden it has stopped doing it and the engine continues to keep running when I do exactly the same thing!

1. Do I need to reset something to restore the behaviour?
2. Was the behaviour normal in the first place?
3. It recently went in for a belt tensioner replacement - would the service department have caused this not to continue working?
4. Has anybody else experienced this?

I can't find the feature documented in the manual as yet!

Any advise from similar experiences would be appreciated.

Terboy
01-11-2012 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Ignition/Engine Stop

R u sure this isn't simply the Eco Stop Start kicking in rather than a full engine stop ?

Mine certainly doesn't do this.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
01-11-2012 08:29pm
TE12BOY

(01-11-2012 08:29pm)cjfp Wrote:  R u sure this isn't simply the Eco Stop Start kicking in rather than a full engine stop ?

Mine certainly doesn't do this.

Well, I suppose it could be that and now it's not working 'cos it's night and eco stop not kicking in because battery's low! But it has stopped even when engine has been running!

Puzzling!

Terboy
01-11-2012 08:39pm
Barton Evoque

Mine has never done this as well and mine is a my13 car.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
01-11-2012 09:29pm
Evo-king

Mine does this. Most mornings having taken the good lady to work, when I get back to the house I usually have to move the lads car off of the drive, park up the Evoque and move his car to the front of the queue on the driveway.

Before moving his car, I pull up in the Evoque, stop the car, unclip the seat belt and open the door, the engine stops, I don't know if this is linked somehow to the stop/start system or not, when I get back in I have to press the start button.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
01-11-2012 11:02pm
PhilSkill

With Start/Stop if you pull up and the ECO cuts the engine and then you get out and lock the car it turns off. But I haven't notice if the ECO does not cut in if you leave the engine running and get out whether the engine stops, don't see why it would, but never tried.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-11-2012 11:26pm
RacingSnake

Not sure on the specific behaviour of stop-start - but I do know that if the battery voltage is too low, or is below "optimal", then the stop-start stops working until the battery is back up to top condition.

So it might be that you've just dropped below this threshold and a good blast up the motorway to charge it all back up full is required Very Happy That, or a charge up overnight.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
04-11-2012 05:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stunt

(01-11-2012 08:27pm)TE12BOY Wrote:  Hi, I've had my Evoque for about 6 weeks in that time if I should leave the engine running when I come to a permanent halt, undo my seat belt and open the driver door and get out the engine stops! A great feature I thought saving the necessity to press the Start/Stop button every time. Now all of a sudden it has stopped doing it and the engine continues to keep running when I do exactly the same thing!

1. Do I need to reset something to restore the behaviour?
2. Was the behaviour normal in the first place?
3. It recently went in for a belt tensioner replacement - would the service department have caused this not to continue working?
4. Has anybody else experienced this?

I can't find the feature documented in the manual as yet!

Any advise from similar experiences would be appreciated.

Terboy

There has been issues with the ECO stop start, but yours should have the latest software on .

Has it just stopped because its less than 4 degrees, like its supposed to

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
07-11-2012 08:51pm
rchrdleigh

(07-11-2012 08:51pm)stunt Wrote:  There has been issues with the ECO stop start, but yours should have the latest software on .

Has it just stopped because its less than 4 degrees, like its supposed to

4 degrees relates to the first ECO stop start on Freelander, should now work down to 0 degrees on both Evoque and Freelander manuals.
07-11-2012 09:08pm
PhilSkill

Yep mine has worked at 2deg before, but very very rarely as you nearly always have lights, heaters, A/C etc etc on causing the Start/Stop to disengage. I didn't use my Evoque for a good few days and since then the start stop has not occured since, probably because the battery was lower, the temperatures lower and the comfort items running more.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-11-2012 11:08pm