Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you have $2000....
Evoquer

If you have $2000....

Hi Evoquers,

This is my first time making a post here, so let me first say 'hi' to everyone. This forum has been very helpful to get answers to my questions even my dealer couldn't answer. I originally was looking at either Q5 or X3 but as soon as I saw Evoque, I was completely blown away by its look & feel as well as its ride (except I find engine sound is noisier than the others).

I am almost settled down to 2DR Pure Model with Fuji white, Almond/Espresso WITHOUT adding any further packages. I live in Seattle and US packages are different from UK and elsewhere. Standard features are already good enough for me but I do have little extra money to add more.

Now here's my question: If you have $2000, where would you use that for?

1. upgrade to 20' wheel ($2000) - This one looks much better than the standard 19' one.
2. Vision Assist Package ($1900 - Xenons, LED, auto level/high beam, Blind Spot Monitoring)
3. HDD Navigation System ($1750) - Honestly, I am very disappointed with the navigation system. I think whoever designed the system never tried other ones like TomTom or Waze (free but awesome iPhone App). First of all, I had to press so many 'square' buttons to get to a point, and secondly it appears slower than other portable devices that I have. I know it will look clumsy if I have to mount my Tomtom or iPhone to otherwise perfect piece of art work. However, I don't mind spending extra money on this only if the system can be upgraded by software updates in the future.

4. Climate Package ($1000 - heated everything) - Seattle's weather is okay without this. I rarely use feature in my current car.

I guess my dilemma is to weigh between practicality and aesthetics. Of course, getting all would be nice, then I will have to skip my lunches and coffees for a while. Sad

Sleepless in Seattle

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 06:02am by Evoquer.)
11-01-2012 05:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

RE: If you have $2000....

Vision Assist package..... quite easy choice actually.

You can always get aftermarket alloys/wheels - even the Range Rover 20" ones for much less than the price they're asking.

You, on the other hand, will find it much more difficult to add xenons etc later on.

Considering you won't really use the climate package - I find it pointless.

I don't see anything wrong with a $150 tomtom, going to do that myself actually.

on another note - we get ripped offff for options in Australia - compared to the United States.,

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-01-2012 07:15am
ghostborne

For me, the must have addons are the panoramic roof and rear camera (totalling under $2000).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Order: TD4 Pure, Auto, Fuji White, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Reverse Camera, Front Parking Aid, Auto Headlamps, Rain Sensing Wipers, Climate Control and Air Filter, Rear Air Vents
11-01-2012 07:19am
Evoquer

If you have $2000....

(11-01-2012 07:15am)chiggy Wrote:  Vision Assist package..... quite easy choice actually.

You, on the other hand, will find it much more difficult to add xenons etc later on.

Chiggy, that's a good point. Will consider that. Thanks.

(11-01-2012 07:19am)ghostborne Wrote:  For me, the must have addons are the panoramic roof and rear camera (totalling under $2000).
Pano-roof and rear cam( I believe only one but not five) are standard features to all US models. Yes, I love them.

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 07:48am by Evoquer.)
11-01-2012 07:45am
vcruiser

Vision assist package + add aftermarket wheels later on for a cheaper price! Ebay will have wheel/tire packages for less than 1500 bucks soon.

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
11-01-2012 01:45pm
martinPL

+1 for Vision Assist package and wheels later. You will be able to use your original 19" for winter setup. Premium Package would be tempting too despite not the best NAV - it has lots of other goodies but yes it's $4K+
I live in Seattle (actually North Bend) too and have RRE on order (coming in mid Feb) for my wife. Dynamic 5 door, ipanema sand with black roof and 20" style 7, lunar/ivory interior, reasonably loaded.
Chers
11-01-2012 07:25pm
slee18

+1 for the vision package
11-01-2012 08:08pm
PhilSkill

My options in order of preference would be

1. Vision Package
2. Rear camera
3. Panoramic roof
4. NAV

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-01-2012 09:33pm
Evoquer

Thanks guys. It seems like the Vision Assist is indeed a must-have. In the meantime, I created this poll (http://babyrr.com/forum/polls.php?action...s&pid=73). I hope my navigation devices are not interfered by the Solar Attenuating Glasses. Otherwise, I might have to just add the whole Premium package ($4500) which includes Vision Assist, HDD Nav, and Premium Audio.

12-01-2012 05:12am
nctran19

I have the premium option added on my Pure and somehow the climate comfort option was also added. Turns out, the heated everything, along with the extra sets of eyes around the vehicle is a much needed plus. Along with the voice control infotainment system. awesome! the only disappointment was that the headlights "signature LED" isn't like the ones you see on the brochures. And I believe it can't be upgraded on the Pure, supposedly only available on prestige and dynamic.
18-01-2012 09:18pm