Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
IPANEMA SAND
griff

RE: IPANEMA SAND

Good thing I'm buying an Evoque then.

(01-11-2011 07:35pm)Zermatt Vulgaris Wrote:  be careful about looking at Inpanema Sand on other LR/RRs it is very model specific it looks stunning on the RR pretty good on the RRS and dreadful on the Disco 4 IMHO .

I like the one above with the smoked alloys ... if you are really worried about it dating in terms of colour i would go for Indus or Orkney.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
01-11-2011 09:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

Thanks Iain and ZV. The best my local dealer can do is hand me a colour swatch! Was great to see the Inpanema next to the Fuji. My view is that white will date more quickly than Inpanema, but what do I know.

Hope I get to see an Inpanema RR or RS on the road soon.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
01-11-2011 09:16pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

(01-11-2011 09:14pm)griff Wrote:  Good thing I'm buying an Evoque then.

He did ask what it looked like on the rest of the range Very Happy

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
01-11-2011 09:49pm
griff

So true but I don't see how that relates back to buying a specific car other than getting an overview. Laughing
Cheers anyway

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 09:53pm by griff.)
01-11-2011 09:52pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

Agreed it only gives an overview and it changes from model to model ... here is one of each

Here is it on RRS

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/...roups=8102

The RR

The D4

01-11-2011 10:31pm
berlin2011

Zermatt V - is that not an Ipanema Sand Dynamic peeking into the frame of the RRS picture you linked to? to the left of the RRS in the background?

[Image: 1203777-6169971.jpg]

Here's another glimpse, same dealer different car and again the RRE in the back (this time to the right)

[Image: 1347810-6169950.jpg]

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 11:23pm by berlin2011.)
01-11-2011 11:22pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

not sure thought it might be when i saw the photo but i think its OG .... you can see the grey tones in comparison to the RRS.

01-11-2011 11:27pm
Evoqess

(01-11-2011 01:34pm)LDT Wrote:  I agree. I am also concerned that white will date (although am told it is the new black). I will visit the dealership tomorrow and make a decision once and for all.

White is a "constant" - I don't think it ever will date. Any car through any era has looked decent in white IMHO. If you mean that many whites will initially be on the roads and you might get used to seeing them I'll pay that. The Ipamema looks like a dirty white with brown mixed in to me Shocked though. There is a reason that white is the most popular colour in the world (silver in Asia). It's classic and suits the Evoque perfectly. So don't diss the white or many may be offended Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
02-11-2011 04:43am
mk82

Impanema:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDe...abNumber=2

And much better:

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
02-11-2011 11:57am
LDT

Thanks mk2, the photographs are really helpful. I did see a Discovery on the road today in this colour, and liked it very much. Griff is going to be very pleased! I am definitely going to order in Ipanema Sand. Thanks to all for the help and advice.

(02-11-2011 11:57am)mk82 Wrote:  Impanema:

And much better:

It was most certainly not my intention to "diss" the white or to offend anyone. Indeed, until recently I was seriously considering Fuji and agree that it suits the Evoque perfectly. My opinion was and is that in the UK, white cars were many years ago the colour to have, following which the tide changed and they were definitely out of vogue. They are now back as the in colour, but my view is that history will repeat itself. I also like to have something different.

I do not agree that the Ipanema Sand looks dirty white brown, and intend to order this tomorrow.

Whatever our colour preferences I am sure we will all be happy with the end result - Very Happy

(02-11-2011 04:43am)Evoqess Wrote:  White is a "constant" - I don't think it ever will date. Any car through any era has looked decent in white IMHO. If you mean that many whites will initially be on the roads and you might get used to seeing them I'll pay that. The Ipamema looks like a dirty white with brown mixed in to me Shocked though. There is a reason that white is the most popular colour in the world (silver in Asia). It's classic and suits the Evoque perfectly. So don't diss the white or many may be offended Wink

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 07:11pm by LDT.)
02-11-2011 06:54pm