Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've sold the Evoque
mark_n

RE: I've sold the Evoque

Tim, I'm of course getting the new RRS which is lighter but the economy is going to be poor, filling the tank with super-unleaded is as close to £175 as makes no odds.

Will certainly look at selling it privately but if it ends up with the dealer will remove some of the accessories - roof rails, social seating, mats and load tray etc but difficult to sell because of their bulk.

Make no mistake though, I think the Evoque is fantastic.

(09-08-2013 08:45am)Evo-king Wrote:  Well done Mark, What is your colour choice (Inca maybe with contrast roof)?

No, I haven't regretted my Evoque colour choice for one minute so current plan is Firenze with black/grey interior and black contrast roof. There's also "chili" which is a bit burned orange for my taste.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2013 06:44pm by mark_n.)
09-08-2013 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilB

(09-08-2013 08:54am)griff Wrote:  Im a friendly guy and quite happy to share this thread and turn it into a "What do you feel now you are changing your Evoque?" thread
Might be interesting

Mine is due to go in September.
21 months of trouble free ownership has been great. Two harsh winters and great fun to drive but things must come to an end.
I would have seriously considered another had it moved on from the model I have now.
I made a bit of a mistake wandering into a Merc dealers to ask about the new A45 AMG.
Five minutes later I had been strong armed into a test drive and the rest is history!
It was one of those rare moments in your motoring "career" when you know you have driven something very special.
It was exactly the same feeling I had when I first drove the Evoque but obviously a totally different type of driving experience!!!!!Shocked
Maybe in a year or two once the Hotfire engines and other updates have come online I may return (if I still have a licence!)
I shall continue to notice other Evoques on the road and I will know what a great driving experience it is.
I can't complain at losing 7 grand on a new car over two nearly years which in the scale of prestige cars is very low depreciation. The dealer also commented interestingly that the only used Evoques that don't seem to move off the forecourt almost instantly are Coupes without a pano roof?
But for the same price as a new Prestige with a few bits the "beast" as its known at AMG will I'm sure be a lot of fun!

Prestige SD4 5 door manual, Firenze, vibe, style 4, adaptive dynamics, privacy, Hybrid tv, spare wheel, grey oak wood finisher, ebony headliner.
10-08-2013 12:59pm
Evo-king

I've said many times before I/we intend to hang on to this car for 5yrs, it will be a record if that happens, no car usually lasts much more than 18 months in the household.

Still the Evoque is special in our eyes at the moment, HOWEVER, that could all change if and when the Jaguar SUV comes out somewhere between 2015/2016. Autocar and Auto Express have done features on it this week.

Eyes peeled.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-08-2013 07:25pm
mark_n

The dealer says my Evoque is worth £30k, down from £44k and compared to PhilB's £7k you can see the negative impact of Si4 and Coupe.

The dealer told me (and of course it's his job to justify a lower figure) that options such as surround cameras, adaptive xenons, loadspace rails, spare wheel, black headlining etc etc count for precisely nothing.

"What about my social seating?" I wailed LOL.

The main options which seem to count (on my Dynamic at least) are the roof (as Phil says, essential for a coupe), and electric tailgate. The Lux Pack seems to count as well because it changes the vehicle description but you're still going to be hit.

You can bet that things like parking assist, blind spot monitoring, rear-seat entertainment, TV tuner, Meridian upgrade are going to count for next to nothing - they may make the car more saleable but don't materially affect the trade in. As always, it's age and mileage with the coupe costing more to start with and being worth less and, the big one, the Si4. Why then am I going for a 5.0 engine which drinks half an oil field to get up in the morning?

Take a look at Evoques for sale on Pistonheads. When I last looked, there were over 500 of which less than 30 were the Si4. Keeping in mind that £14k depreciation and the £2667 I have spent on fuel over 11000 miles, a saving of, say, £700 by using a diesel pales into insignificance. However, for a second owner where depreciation will be less, the saving by having a diesel will be more significant.

Mark

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 05:04am by mark_n.)
12-08-2013 05:03am
griff

Seems to be about right. I got about £32,000 for mine.

By the way here is a pic of the new one.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
12-08-2013 08:05am
mark_n

(12-08-2013 08:05am)griff Wrote:  Seems to be about right. I got about £32,000 for mine.

Griff, how many miles had yours done?

Mark

13-08-2013 06:37am
griff

(13-08-2013 06:37am)mark_n Wrote:  Griff, how many miles had yours done?
24,000 mark

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
13-08-2013 07:44am
PJRange

I had a 2009 Jaguar XF supercharged. I loved it, it was a beast. Super fast and sleek. I miss it a lot. I totaled it. I might try to find one cheap and have it as a second car.
13-08-2013 05:03pm
Straydox

(12-08-2013 08:05am)griff Wrote:  Seems to be about right. I got about £32,000 for mine.

Looks fantastic Griff, enjoy!

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
14-08-2013 02:24am
alibeau

Wow, lovely looking car Griff, adore the colour! When did they change the shape of the headlights? I always liked this car but didn't like the lights, looks fabulous with the new shape - congrats Very Happy

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
14-08-2013 03:17am