Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've sold the Evoque
griff

I've sold the Evoque

Dear all
I have some bad news.
Last Friday I succumbed to the extraordinary sales patter of Wayne Horlock (private joke there was none) at HA Fox Jaguar Guildford and bought a nearly new Jaguar XFR.

Actually the truth is that the XFR was such a good price (£30k off list'ish) and so well appointed being almost fully loaded, I think it only misses out on a heated steering wheel. It also is only 9 months old and has under 2800 miles on the clock.

So on Monday, following conversations with pals over the weekend, I went through the "I wonder what my trade in would be for the Evoque and by Friday I had driven a "super saloon" home.

I like the Evoque and was amazed at its off road ability but at times missed the power and the Coupe was a constant source of amusement for my friends as they waited for the seats to power forward so they could get in the back! A couple could not even get in but that is more down to girth than the car!!

Anyway it's gone and that means that I will not be on here as often any more. Like an old unwanted friend I shall drop by unannounced from time to time but essentially it is time to move on.

It was great meeting you all at both Halewood and Gaydon but next time you see R1WPG it will be on a Kyanite Blue Jag. Same family, different stable.

Cheers all

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
07-08-2013 03:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dynamicgirl

RE: I've sold the Evoque

Beautiful choice of car, Griff, ..ENJOY! Perhaps you could post a pic or 2 of it to let us see? That's some amount of 'ponies' you've got now! Very Happy Paula xx
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 04:15pm by dynamicgirl.)
07-08-2013 04:12pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Jag will give you plenty of fun Griff, enjoy it. Are you going trackday racing with it as it will blow mst other super saloons into the weeds. I assume you won't be expecting to see the Govt Official 20 odd mpg out of it with a race tuned 5.0ltr Supercharged V8 under the bonnet?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 05:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
07-08-2013 05:33pm
Davevx

I came from an XF to here.

May I recommend a new home for you?

http://Www.jaginfo.org

I'm Davevx1 over there.... Introduce yourself and sayi I sent you.
07-08-2013 05:44pm
griff

I've sold the Evoque

(07-08-2013 05:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The Jag will give you plenty of fun Griff, enjoy it. Are you going trackday racing with it as it will blow mst other super saloons into the weeds. I assume you won't be expecting to see the Govt Official 20 odd mpg out of it with a race tuned 5.0ltr Supercharged V8 under the bonnet?

Well I almost managed 20mpg going to Portsmouth yesterday but I don't expect the world in terms of mpg. Apparently I might get 30 on a run! Not the way I drive. Fortunately I only do about 3000 private miles a year, the balance is subsidised by a meagre 18p a mile plus tax relief on 27p company fuel allowance although I'm treating that as a contribution to my hobby.

As for track day, already booked into a GRRC track day on 17th Aug so that should be fun.

(07-08-2013 04:12pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Beautiful choice of car, Griff, ..ENJOY! Perhaps you could post a pic or 2 of it to let us see? That's some amount of 'ponies' you've got now! Very Happy Paula xx

When I get a chance I'll take some pics - it really is stunning and that 500+ hp really moves things along.
Thanks for the post.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 07:43pm by griff.)
07-08-2013 07:41pm
Evo-king

Enjoy your car Griff £30kish off is almost too good to miss out on, do post some pics before you go.

As an aside how did you approach the BAS Tuning issue you had fitted to your Evoque.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-08-2013 09:15pm
mark_n

Doesn't say much for Jaguar residuals from new! Good you got it at a big discount but of course it's an entirely different car.

I do like my Evoque though it is rather under-powered and as a result, I'm being tempted by the new RR Sport - the 5 litre of course - but there will be no discounts and I doubt I will be impressed by the part exchange available. Picking my Mercedes up from service tomorrow which just happens to be next door to the LR dealer. Might go and have a chat...

Edit: has to be asked, what p/ex did you get? Also, I assume it's in the £450+ VED category and what about insurance?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 09:59pm by mark_n.)
07-08-2013 09:55pm
invoke

Wise decision.. no more Gri[e]ff.

will miss ya !!
07-08-2013 10:37pm
J77

The XF is nice motor, if I was to get rid of my Land Rover it would be a Jag that would replace it, although I would need the XF sportbrake for the dogs.

Thumbs Up enjoy

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2013 11:14pm by J77.)
07-08-2013 11:14pm
griff

@ Evo-king - ECU remap to normal

@mark n - Big discount because it is an ex Jaguar management car which is why it was so fully loaded - I did a quick build and I think it worked out at just over £73k new. Even so they probably still made a profit.

Tax is now horrendous at £490 but as I am nearly 59 the insurance fully comp is about £400. I just paid an extra £48 to take it to my renewal date with Admiral

At home and superb.
08-08-2013 08:30am