Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weird Noise
Ranger4

RE: Weird Noise

Yes, probably the A pillar. The first time I took mine in they thought it was the bonnet rubbing against the windscreen and they raised the bonnet. This didn't work so they had another look and found some broken clips in the A pillar - presumably behind the plastic bits. They ordered in the parts and it solved the problem.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
13-08-2013 07:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

I have had this, it is the windscreen pillar trim and it changes with heat, it is scratching against the glass and fretting

I have heard this with other RR cars too

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
13-08-2013 07:34pm
musher

It's funny you should say that cause today the weather has been a lot cooler down here on the south coast compared to what it has been and I've not heard it at all today

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
13-08-2013 08:08pm
Rein

I just wiggled the outside a-Pilar trim and the passenger side one does make a similar sound. Tomorrow I will mask it with some tape, if that solves the problem, them I can let the dealer know.

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
13-08-2013 08:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
musher

Let us know if it works when you do?

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
14-08-2013 08:18am
Rein

Of course I will

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

14-08-2013 11:50am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
musher

First thing this morning wriggled the passenger near side A pillar and guess what, it made exactly the same noise that I can hear from inside the car. Hopefully this is where it's coming from!!!!

14-08-2013 01:38pm
htweezer

I had the same exact styrofoam rubbing noise for 20K miles. Never bothered to take it in based on my previous experiences with Audi and BMW saying "could not replicate". I called my LR dealer and they asked if I could take a technician on a test drive to hear the noise. (What a novel idea!) They identified the noise as my A-pillar, replaced both of them the same day, and i have not heard the noise ever since. This kind of service makes me wonder why I ever bothered with German car dealers...
14-08-2013 11:31pm
Rein

It's the outside a-pilar for sure. Did a bit of high-tech testing today Smile
I'll be booking the car in soon

[Image: 387F9B76-C895-47C5-A023-7620ACB2E1A3-119...db8c3c.jpg]

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

15-08-2013 09:05pm
m_101

I have had the same noise on mine - had wondered what it was - time to book into the dealers and get it looked at, along with my creaky driver's side door seals!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
17-08-2013 09:53am