Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've been a naughty boy.
Daigriff

RE: I've been a naughty boy.

(18-09-2012 10:51pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I'm determined to keep mine for 5 years, but I saw a Fuji Dynamic today with contrast Black roof, lovely and if a V6 petrol auto sees the light of day I'm going to find myself visiting a dealer begging for one.

I thought i'd keep mine for 3 years, but am starting to get itchy feet. Not sure why though as I do love itConfused

Human nature I suppose, plus the 14 month wait makes it feel like I've had it longer.

Time will tell........

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
19-09-2012 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Madam Fuji

Are you the same J77 who has gone back to the FL???
18-05-2013 12:49am
Kojak

(19-09-2012 07:27pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I thought i'd keep mine for 3 years, but am starting to get itchy feet. Not sure why though as I do love itConfused

Human nature I suppose, plus the 14 month wait makes it feel like I've had it longer.

Time will tell........

I intended to keep each of my last four cars for so much longer than I actually did but...

My X3 had a transfer box whine. BMW advised me to do lots of things that cost money and after they told me it was because I had the wrong tyres on it (you know the ones...round black things with a star on the side wall next to the size that means BMW approved). In any case, what is supposed to work as a 4x4 is temperamental about what tyres you put on it, so it doesn't affect the transfer box????? (mind out for that gravel road..Rolling Eyes )
Phew...what a rant out of no where.
Other than that the car was fine but it had to go.

Audi A4 avant passed on to the other half when her focus got old and I bought a porsche. Trouble was she never took to it, too big for her to park (in her mind). Never really excited me either truth be known but without being able to fault it. Only slightly more economical than the Evoque on fuel and horrendous on tyres. 15K on the fronts and £200+ per corner at the time.

Porsche, made me nervous with owners reporting a couple of common faults that I discovered could kill the engine at any time...(IMS bearing) scary. People calling for a recall but it never happened. Ruined every drive.

3 series 2.0l petrol. Beautiful drive, only 34 to the gallon and no power at all without that being reduced to 25 to the gallon. Rubbish in a dusting of snow (seriously the only time I've got stuck in 30 years and it was hardly 2 inches).

So on to the Evoque.....it's all conquering so far.
A real 4x4
As roomy as them all
Infotainment only matched by the Audi
Reasonable tyre costs (18" wheels anyway) and economy
OK a completely different beast than a porsche so not much to compare there.

Provided I have no problems its here for the long term.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2013 08:30am by Kojak.)
18-05-2013 08:27am
Trapdoor

Hey Kojak - blimey, similar here with my X3. BMW were appalling at resolving my auto box issue on it, even after I was sent a SIB by a US owner that showed my symptoms required a new gearbox. I too had the "you can't use THOSE tyres" which oddly were star approved and the tyres that came fitted to the car when I bought it. Strangely enough, I never had any transfer box issues when I fitted my 18" non-approved Vredestein winter tyres on 18" X5 alloys. Go figure. And as a 4x4 it was just passable, but in the winter only with decent winter tyres on it.

Love the Evoque now I finally have it, although yesterday the sat nav drove me mental as it refused to plan a sensible route to where I needed to go and in the end I turned route guidance off. I also struggle sometimes getting all my works kit in the boot and hate having the seats down.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
18-05-2013 08:59am
J77

(18-05-2013 12:49am)Madam Fuji Wrote:  Are you the same J77 who has gone back to the FL???

Yes, and enjoying it very much. Miss the Evoque but overall the Fl2 suits my needs.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-05-2013 02:14pm
jjgray

The Pano roof was essential, but the rear parking camera is my favourite addition.

Agree the 3-door looks good but tooo impractial even for only occasional use of the back seat. I have to park in a narrow space, for one thing. (And btw how do passengers get out in an emergency?)

If I could have added the adaptive dynamics suspension without all the other guff that comes in the Dynamic pack I would have done that.

In another thread I said I wished I'd gone for the better audio but I have now changed my view. It has setteld in nicely and you need to play the original CDs before you'll hear the benefit.
23-05-2013 02:01pm
Madam Fuji

(19-05-2013 02:14pm)J77 Wrote:  Yes, and enjoying it very much. Miss the Evoque but overall the Fl2 suits my needs.

Hey, good to hear from you, J77- I've gone the other way, and am hoping I don't regret it, as even ordering the Prestige(with extras), I still don't have what I have in my FL!!! , but they're completely different beasts!!! Will wave if I see you- my no plate starts E3!! Very HappyVery HappySmileSmileSmile
23-05-2013 03:27pm
J77

You'll love your Evoque, it's a fantastic car. The Fl2 and Evoque are like night and day. I'll remember to look out for an Evoque with E3 on its plate. Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 07:46pm by J77.)
23-05-2013 07:45pm
Madam Fuji

(23-05-2013 07:45pm)J77 Wrote:  You'll love your Evoque, it's a fantastic car. The Fl2 and Evoque are like night and day. I'll remember to look out for an Evoque with E3 on its plate. Thumbs Up

It's a Fuji white Prestige, You'll not miss it!! Laughing
23-05-2013 08:19pm