Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Safety Test
Bomberboy

RE: Evoque Safety Test

(21-12-2011 09:37pm)evoque_virgin Wrote:  To be fair mate, I think your post is a load of crap.

My gf is a nurse and she's seen ppl survive terrible crashes in a micra and die in a 5 series (and that was just last month). In a car crash there's so many variables when it's your time to go its your time to go, 4 or 5 stars

Hey dudes,

It is what it is, just sharing the news. We can all bury our heads in the sands if you want and dismiss any negative comment on the Evoque as being crap and live in a world separate to everyone elses because we are so big headed now we have our evoques...

I'm looking forward to getting my Evoque delivered and will be a proud owner, but it's important to acknowledge that yes there may be aspects of the Evoque that can be improved upon, with safety being a very important one as we would all like to have confidence in having ourselves & loved ones protected by the absolute best design/technology in a crash, regardless of variables. Which unfortunately isn't the case for a Evoque, based upon the tests. What would be good is for Land Rover to explain or justify why the results may be what it is in a press release, or indicate what it intends to do to make future Evoque drivers safer.

Feel free to call the post crap, the tests crap, testers clowns, the testing organisation sucks, but they probably know a bit more than you and I about car safety.
22-12-2011 08:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

Evoque Safety Test

I am just a bit surprised that you would consider getting another vehicle based on this result. If a lorry crashes into you you will still have a good chance of being killed even if you are in a 5* car.

I read one article which explained that sometimes the Australian ratings are higher than the euro ones and sometimes lower. Doesn't fill you with heaps of confidence...

Having said that...I agree that Land Rover should keep working to make the evoque as safe as possible.
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 09:02am by LP.)
22-12-2011 08:59am
Bomberboy

(22-12-2011 08:59am)LP Wrote:  I am just a bit surprised that you would consider getting another vehicle based on this result. If a lorry crashes into you you will still have a good chance of being killed even if you are in a 5* car.

Absolutely, if the Evoque didn't stand out in a class of it's own and I was choosing between two close & competent rivals, then sure, it could sway me. It's telling me that the car maker cares about the buyer/driver to make it safe for them to the highest standards.

Fortunately or Unfortunately there is just nothing out there to compete with the Evoque.
(This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 09:05am by Bomberboy.)
22-12-2011 09:04am
vinda

Just drive safe and dOnt crash
22-12-2011 11:07am