RE: I have a new driver.

Hi Evo-king, hope little Lucy's doing okay. Paula xx
31-07-2013 05:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Paula.

Thanks for asking.

A close friend said to me that things are very straightforward with dogs. They are either well or unwell.

However they (the dogs) don't necessarily know what is going on inside.

Lucy is better now the weather has cooled down, her operation scar site has healed well, but we have to watch it like a hawk for any swellings.

The vet is more concerned about her heart, so no more long walks on the lead, just gentle walks at her own pace and watching out for any excessive coughing plus she gets plenty of trips out in the car, the front seat is her favourite, but she will go in the back seat on certain trips.

She still gives me an affectionate greeting in the mornings.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-08-2013 02:11pm
dynamicgirl

Hi Evo-king, many thanks for the update. I am so pleased little Miss Lucy is feeling much better, now that the weather is slightly cooler than it was. My pups were suffering in the heat too and for once they weren't bugging me to take them for walks, which is totally unheard of for them, lol. I'm sure she will be fine and that her good recovery will continue, the main thing is that she is happy in herself and that she enjoys life at her own pace, whether it be on her lead or 'on her throne' in the front seat of your Evoque, lol.

Best regards to you and Lucy Smile xx
04-08-2013 07:11pm
Evo-king

Well I won't be going to the 2nd Birthday get together now.

My little treasure goes back to the Vets tomorrow for major surgery.

Effectively a double mastectomy, speying, ultrasound and some other tests.

We managed to get the op done for tomorrow as we have the long weekend and someone will be home with her for at least the next week.

Fingers crossed.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-08-2013 03:36pm
RichR1973

Fingers crossed for you evo king. I know what it's like as our Siamese cat (baby) now 16 has been in renal failure since last Christmas. We've had a few ups and down and have to give saline injections every day but its amazing how they can bounce back from being so poorly. Good luck and keep us posted. Richard
22-08-2013 04:34pm
PhilSkill

Good luck Evo-King and Lucy!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-08-2013 05:24pm
Tulabb

(18-10-2012 06:28pm)Vc Wrote:  The face says it all 'Daddy I want to go for a drive too'. Cavs are such cuties Very Happy

I do the same for my dog and she's even got her own seat belt to stop the car car from buzzing telling me someone's not got their seat belt on!
22-08-2013 09:22pm
Evo-king

Thanks for all of yours comments, I know this is a car forum, but it is good to get comments outside of our household thoughts.

She seems quite happy when going out for her constitutional. High wagging tail.

Lucy was back to the vets again this morning to examine the stitching (at the vets request), plus she had the 2 drains removed, (the one was about 8"s long!!).

Anyhow, the vet seems happy, results of more blood tests permitting of course.

Now I have one wimpering dog by my side, clearly suffering some discomfort, hopefully it will pass.

Have a good Bank Holiday all.

I've decided after all this settles down to have a Full Day at Eastnor in the new RR Sport. Now if only I could persuade SWMBO to get that one next.

25-08-2013 12:35pm
PhilSkill

Glad all sounds well Evo-king, speedy recovery for Lucy. Great fun taking the full fat round Eastnor, have done that and enjoyed immensly, you wont regret it, great place and on a full day you can get to the further reaches of the estate.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-08-2013 11:11pm