Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I didn't pay for this
spif888

I didn't pay for this

I found the following trim mis-alignment on the driver's door of my 2 week old Evoque today - not very happy.

The "leading" subject header is especially for my fellow forum member - Dandavis1

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
17-02-2012 12:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

RE: I didn't pay for this

yes my car is going back to dealers in 2 weeks to have some warranty work done, one of my smaller issues was the trim on my driver door not lining up very well.
not as back as that photo though, funny thing was when i was in the showroom waiting for the dealer to show up, there was i high spec dynamic in there and its trim looked very similar to yours if not worst. i did point it out to the dealer to.
all these things i have only really noticed when cleaning and polishing the car.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
17-02-2012 01:28pm
EVO PUNDITT

Mine has the same trim fault, could not be bothered to book in yet.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
17-02-2012 03:13pm
cjfp

On my Coupe, the door trim does not exactly line up with the trim on the rear windows but it isn't noticeable enough for me to take a trip to the dealer for at the moment.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-02-2012 04:45pm
vinny

My coupe has the same thing but not really bothered about it.
Unless it falls off or stops working I can live with it

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2012 10:03pm by vinny.)
17-02-2012 07:51pm
bell-auto-services

Same here, mine is not perfect of which i first noticed in in the door mirror while driving. Not bad eniough to bother me at the moment.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
17-02-2012 09:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Looking at my car more closely, it looks like a design 'error' to me as opposed to a build issue.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-02-2012 09:24pm
spif888

UPDATE:

Went to the dealer on Monday and photos have been taken and apparently a claim is going to be submitted for the trim to be rectified. Its not the worst problem in the world but if I am paying a substantial amount of money for a car, at least the trim should sit flush with car. Its most noticeable when standing at the rear of the car looking down the length of the car - the trim literally sticks out by about 2cm.

Otherwise alls good.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
21-02-2012 01:04pm
PhilSkill

That needs to be fixed, it's not right and mine isn't like it. you can see the fixing holes in the picture.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-02-2012 03:21pm
Barneyridge

Spif mine is not like that either, there is a very slight variation on mine, but a blind man would be pleased to see it.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
21-02-2012 09:57pm