Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How useful do you find the TV/DVD?
dandavis1

RE: How useful do you find the TV/DVD?

(19-02-2012 08:19pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Ive watched TopGear on Dave a few times on the way home lol.

Pete
I'm glad you find putting the lives of all other road users at risk so funny.

I lost my auntie to a truck driver who was sending a text message at the wheel, so I can't even begin to agree with the idea of bypassing important, life-saving safety features so you can watch Top Gear.
20-02-2012 12:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Hum. I lost my farther in law to some 16 year old kid who smashed into the front of his work van at what was calculated to be near 100 mph of which tore the veins to his heart and killed him instantly so I know how you feel about other road users.

I use it how I use it and it gets no more of a glance of looking at than the sat nav does when it's giving me directions. And it's for sure no more time off the road than it would be when adjusting the nav on the move which is allowed. I'm not silly enough to sit and watch a full program from start to end without taking my eyes off it.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 08:34am by bell-auto-services.)
20-02-2012 08:29am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

It's illegal for a reason.
20-02-2012 10:42am
jitenc

i don't agree with the law having a hands-free stick on kit for mobile phones on the front windscreen. i believe it takes your concentration off the road far more than the tv function. Atleast you are aware that the tv is on, compared to a slight noise of a text message coming through the phone which is more of a reaction to see there and then on whats it about.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
20-02-2012 03:27pm