Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to remove the rearview mirror on windshield?
J. Dub

How to remove the rearview mirror on windshield?

Anyone know how to remove the plastic trim around the rear view mirror base and then remove the rearview mirror?
I'm asking because my rearview mirror is too low for me and it often times blocks cars in the other lane I can't see unless I crouch down. (I'm 6ft 4) and I have my seat at the lowest setting.

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2016 06:38pm by J. Dub.)
07-11-2016 04:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Clip

RE: How to remove the rearview mirror on windshield?

(07-11-2016 04:31pm)J. Dub Wrote:  Anyone know how to remove the plastic trim around the rear view mirror base and then remove the rearview mirror?

No, but I'd be interested too
13-11-2016 01:56am
jellyfish

Split apart the cover hiding the cables, they are held by 5 clips. then unclip the wiring for the sensors which is stuck to the windscreen, then grab the stem of the rear view mirror and rotate clockwise 60 degrees, to un clip it from the windscreen.
14-11-2016 01:29am
J. Dub

(14-11-2016 01:29am)jellyfish Wrote:  Split apart the cover hiding the cables, they are held by 5 clips. then unclip the wiring for the sensors which is stuck to the windscreen, then grab the stem of the rear view mirror and rotate clockwise 60 degrees, to un clip it from the windscreen.

Thank you Jelly. I had a different situation I guess cause I have automatic high beam assist.

But I pulled down on the plastic trim separating the bottom plastic from the top plastic trim.
I removed the bottom then slid out the top plastic trim.
I then unclipped the wiring for the AHBA and rearview mirror homelink
I then slid the rearview mirror and the camera for AHBA down and it had the rearview mirror and all come with it.

it turns out I CANNOT replace this rearview mirror as it's a proprietary system with the camera in one so what I did for extra visibility was rotate the rearview mirror 180 degrees and then installed everything back together.

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
14-11-2016 06:37pm