Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to check when maintenance is due ...
slmr00

How to check when maintenance is due ...

Is there anywhere in the instrument panel or menu options where I can check to see when my next maintenance is due? This is my first RR and I'm just learning the menus/systems. Thanks.
14-08-2013 07:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: How to check when maintenance is due ...

In the UK its 16000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first
Therefore if you have done 3000 miles in 12 months you will have to have an expensive service. Totally unnecessary IMHO

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
15-08-2013 08:10am
dynamicgirl

Hi there, if you look at page 56-57 of your Owner's Handbook it will tell you how to access the Service Menu. It is done via the Vehicle Information and Settings Menu, which is displayed in between the clocks on the dash and is controlled using the right hand steering wheel control buttons (arrows and OK button). The Service Menu can only be accessed when the engine is not running, so you need to press the Stop/Start button without pressing the brake pedal (if Auto transmission).

If your car is due a service in the near future the service interval indicator will show in the vehicle information screen, telling you how many miles/days it is until the service is required. If you go past the miles or time, then SERVICE REQUIRED will be displayed.

It does say in the Owners Handbook that the service indicator is not activated in all markets, but the information I have provided is relevant to the UK at least. Not sure about North America. Smile Paula xx

PS Welcome to the forum! Hope you are enjoying your Evoque.
(This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 11:54am by dynamicgirl.)
16-08-2013 11:23am
Tulabb

(15-08-2013 08:10am)speary Wrote:  In the UK its 16000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first
Therefore if you have done 3000 miles in 12 months you will have to have an expensive service. Totally unnecessary IMHO

What if you don't? I've done around 4000 and it will be 12 months in nov.
16-08-2013 09:46pm
doug

(16-08-2013 09:46pm)Tulabb Wrote:  What if you don't? I've done around 4000 and it will be 12 months in nov.

LR could get funny about any warranty claims. Now & more importantly just as the 3 years are up, if a major part should fail. LR could give a good will gesture just out side the warranty period on low millage cars with full main dealer service history.

I'm in the same boat as you. My first service was carried out at only 4.5k miles & my second service in 4 months time will only have around 7k on the clock.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
16-08-2013 10:20pm
Tulabb

(16-08-2013 10:20pm)doug Wrote:  LR could get funny about any warranty claims. Now & more importantly just as the 3 years are up, if a major part should fail. LR could give a good will gesture just out side the warranty period on low millage cars with full main dealer service history.

I'm in the same boat as you. My first service was carried out at only 4.5k miles & my second service in 4 months time will only have around 7k on the clock.

Ouch...I better start calling around for prices then. I would rather do pay as you go than monthly payment plans. What price should I be aiming for?
16-08-2013 11:07pm