Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How secure is the Evoque and........
RREVO

RE: How secure is the Evoque and........

XFullFatTim you're absolutely right, I meant the Evoques wheel is 37cms and not 43cms doh!
So one would of thought the small Disclok size that goes up to 39cms would go on comfortably but as you say it is tight.

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
02-11-2014 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

I too thought about fingerprint recognition like on the iPhones.

I would like to keep my fingers and thumbs though.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-11-2014 06:45pm
MrNoo

(02-11-2014 02:53pm)jitenc Wrote:  Off to buy a Stoplock Pro today. I can't take any chances.
How good has the trackers being in recovering cars? What has everyone got for their security? Or is it too intrusive to ask?
Thanks in advance.
My Evoque lives in a locked and alarmed garage when at home, but when away from home I use a StopLock Pro. The StopLock Pro is really easy to use - takes only a few seconds to fit - and is not as bulky as some of the alternatives. Its also been tested as effective by Thatcham and some Police Forces.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
02-11-2014 07:31pm
mark_n

To be clear, I'm only advocating using a smart card for authenticating key downloading, not for daily use.

It would certainly be a good idea to restrict this operation unless there's a valid key in the car which implies the car is already unlocked anyway.

There's inevitably a compromise between security and convenience and whatever changes are made, they will inevitably shift towards security and make it more difficult and maybe much less convenient to get additional or replacement keys.

I too am concerned about how well the steering wheel locks fit and the inclusion of the sock if there is one is a tacit admission they can cause damage.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 06:30am by mark_n.)
03-11-2014 06:28am
t16mbo

I've always used a steering lock in all my cars.
03-11-2014 07:55am
ChuckieB

I have had a notification from the broker that I use.

"Following the recent Watchdog Programme about high value vehicle thefts (particularly in the London area), we wanted to make you aware that three of ****'s clients have already had their Range Rovers stolen in the last 6 weeks.

We would therefore strongly suggest that you have additional security measures in place, as it would appear that a tracker is not a sufficient means of deterrent for keyless cars . Although it may seem an unusual suggestion, the police and insurers have advised that a £30 Stoplock or similar device fitted to the vehicle’s steering wheel could prevent such a theft from happening"

Hardly a revelation but at least something more proactive than we have seen from LR. So credit to the broker on this.

It has driven the issue home and I shall be heading out at the weekend to buy my deterrent!

I have then raised the question as to the likelihood I could have difficulty when it comes to renewal of my policy in a few months time.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
07-11-2014 01:07am
t16mbo

It's same with my focus Rs
They being took lots
My premium not gone up
07-11-2014 01:53am
bee

(07-11-2014 01:53am)t16mbo Wrote:  It's same with my focus Rs
They being took lots
My premium not gone up

mines a 4tress and a swatr, sometimes i fit both, depending on where i am parked. Very Happy

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
07-11-2014 08:03pm