<20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
70+
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
How old is the 'average' Evoque driver!?
chiggy

Age profile...........

May hate me... I'm 23.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
05-11-2011 11:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Age profile...........

I am 46 years & have had & still have (as in signature) MG & Rover cars, still would have if so many factors hadn't screwed the last remaining British mass car brand though had a FL1 back in 2001 (also designed by Gerry Mc Govern!) Then got the Freelander 2HSE in November 2009, this was a very expensive purchace for me & I could only manage a £500 deposit hence high monthly repayments now Shocked

So I am not the usual so called Premium brand buyer.

Only reason we can go for an Evoque is that my wife's Uncle passed away in June & there will (should be) a large inherritance for which she has kindly offered to put down around half the cost of an Evoque. The only thing that will screw us up is if the estate is not all settled by my due delivery date Sad

If it wasn't for this money I would have no hope of even thinking about an Evoque though perhaps we would may have been able to stretch to a low spec Pure.
I don't mind admitting that I live beyond my means with cars but I like them & we are all a long time dead so sod it!!
I was one of the very first private owners anywhere to have one of the "Mustang" powered MG ZT260SE-V8 models which was also beyond my means at that time (January 2004) but was just such an awsome piece of kit that I had to have one & maybe will get another one day!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 12:19pm by The Valeter.)
05-11-2011 12:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

(05-11-2011 09:20am)ceebee Wrote:  Fam1

I've got 3 kids and cirrus, so does that make me crazier than you by one point?

we both must be mad lol I just hope they dont ruin it on the first day when it arrives Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
05-11-2011 12:52pm
exigejoe

(05-11-2011 09:20am)ceebee Wrote:  Fam1

I've got 3 kids and cirrus, so does that make me crazier than you by one point?
Me also but my wife and i started early! Maybe that why i had my mid life crisis early and bought my Exige early that most....lol!

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
05-11-2011 01:09pm
The Valeter

(05-11-2011 12:52pm)fam1x Wrote:  we both must be mad lol I just hope they dont ruin it on the first day when it arrives Smile

I had a cream nappa leather interior in my new MG ZT-T (£2300 option) that I bought in September 2005. My son was 3.5 years old at that time & the seats were as clean when I sold it (regrettably) as they were when I bought it.
An idea I use is for general use but a towel in as a similar colour to the seats as possible to keep clean & when you want to go out somewhere that bit more special you have beautiful seats!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 01:13pm by The Valeter.)
05-11-2011 01:12pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

(05-11-2011 12:16pm)The Valeter Wrote:  So I am not the usual so called Premium brand buyer.

I don't mind admitting that I live beyond my means with cars but I like them & we are all a long time dead so sod it!!

Thumbs Up We are on the same page V!
I have a decent allied health profession but most of my colleagues own Subarus or Mazdas which gives you an indication that I spend a greater proportion of my salary on vehicles than any of my peers.

So mine is a bona fide car passion, probably inherited from my dad- and I have to choose very carefully as a single car is all I can have. Unless you count the ones in the XBox Forza 4 garage I'm accumulating!

(Oh, there is no Evoque in the new Forza! Driving a RR sport round the tracks is simply not the same!)

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-11-2011 07:18pm
upstoke

Great Poll. Good to find out that majority of evoquees are younger than me (53). Wouldnt buy RR product before as everyone i know with one is older!
My view on buying any "lifestyle" product... If you earn it legally, pay your taxes, you can spend it on what you like.

On order. SD4, auto, Dynamic, verve, firenze, shadows, pan, everything lights, privacy, lazy tail etc
05-11-2011 10:10pm
fam1x

(05-11-2011 10:10pm)upstoke Wrote:  Great Poll. Good to find out that majority of evoquees are younger than me (53). Wouldnt buy RR product before as everyone i know with one is older!
My view on buying any "lifestyle" product... If you earn it legally, pay your taxes, you can spend it on what you like.

On order. SD4, auto, Dynamic, verve, firenze, shadows, pan, everything lights, privacy, lazy tail etc

Great loved your reply Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
05-11-2011 11:21pm
The Valeter

I've ordered ine beause other than the reasons I stated above because it is British & something about this car has drawn me to it like a magnet & now I am hooked!!

05-11-2011 11:24pm
fam1x

(05-11-2011 01:09pm)exigejoe Wrote:  Me also but my wife and i started early! Maybe that why i had my mid life crisis early and bought my Exige early that most....lol!

Yea they are great fun cars thou, I had a Porsche now with the kids need a family car, my kids are 4 and 1 year old Smile Think it's time I told the wife I went for white leather hehehe Smile

05-11-2011 11:25pm