Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How often do you wash your Evoque?
3V0QU3

You should wash your car once a week when possible, it removes chemicals that can eventually burn away at the paint work. If you polish and wax your car twice a year then a quick wash with just water should be all it needs, you don't need chemicals, but jet washing or hosing before you touch it with a sponge is good, it knocks small bits of grit off so that they don't get picked up in your sponge and scratch the paint work.
Polishing too often is bad, every time you polish you take a very thin layer of paint off, eventually you will wear it out, seen it happen on a friends merc that started off yellow and ended up almost white (undercoat).

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
10-03-2012 09:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

(10-03-2012 06:12pm)mickydd Wrote:  Washing it twice a week so far. Am really surprised how much dirt the Firenze paint shows up. All my previous cars have been silver and greys, I know why now.
I love the colour when it is clean, but even when it rains, it shows up with dirty pools on the paintwork.
Am considering some type of glaze to hopefully allow me to swill off with water and not have to leather off after every wash.
Anyone else experiencing the same with Firenze???????

Yeah I get it too which is why I'm even more frantic about washing it. Water marks and dirt just show up so quickly. Not complaining though it's a fantastic colour definitely stands out

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
11-03-2012 08:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply