Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How often do you wash your Evoque?
Alex

RE: How often do you wash your Evoque?

Perhaps the base coat colour difference is to allow a visual inspection on how well the surface paint colour has been applied?

Although on mine at the front there are some groves on the body work either side of the registration plate. The white paint in these areas was applied quite thinly, so much so you could a hints of the base cost. Guess it was a rush job as my car came out prior to Christmas. In the end I bought some touch up paint to tidy up the mistake.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
16-02-2012 10:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

I wash the Evoque every other week at the moment however soon the weather will warm up and I'll be back to the weekly wash routine.

Have to say, the Orkney Grey hides dirt well; the car still looks the cleanest in my office carpark despite being very dirty.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
16-02-2012 08:20pm
xxxx5

I wash mine every week, Fuji white is very hard to keep clean! My neighbours think I am mad.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
16-02-2012 08:28pm
exigejoe

Almost every week, but since I live on a main street washing the Exige and Evoque(which i usually do) is more for a show for passer byers.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
16-02-2012 08:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Since September 2011 I've never washed mine myself, somebody else does it for me for £5 a week using all sorts of fancy snow foam applicators, hot pressure washes, hand rinsing and some sort of spray on wax. It's the first car I have subjected to this treatment but is does allow me to sit inside and listen to the radio while somebody else gets cold and wet.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 09:40pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-02-2012 09:40pm
xxxx5

(16-02-2012 09:40pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Since September 2011 I've never washed mine myself, somebody else does it for me for £5 a week using all sorts of fancy snow foam applicators, hot pressure washes, hand rinsing and some sort of spray on wax. It's the first car I have subjected to this treatment but is does allow me to sit inside and listen to the radio while somebody else gets cold and wet.

Yes My wife gets the same, but she doesn't pay £5, and I am the one getting cold and wet!!!!! Laughing

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
16-02-2012 10:22pm
occlusion

Since I had the Evoque mid January ( 1000km ). I found the plastic mouldings / pillars, mud guards , practically all the junctions between different materials are difficult to clean.
My previous silver Lexus without any car detailing treatment , was easy to wash and only needed once a month (or even longer) general wash ( occasional waxing ).
May be Fuji White is the wrong colour for me, it needs weekly wash.
10-03-2012 06:04am
chiggy

Had it a month and washed it every week - don't polish it every week naturally but I will do that soon. Vacuum once a month and plan is to clean the seats and apply the leather protectant once every 6 weeks.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
10-03-2012 10:08am
mickydd

Washing it twice a week so far. Am really surprised how much dirt the Firenze paint shows up. All my previous cars have been silver and greys, I know why now.
I love the colour when it is clean, but even when it rains, it shows up with dirty pools on the paintwork.
Am considering some type of glaze to hopefully allow me to swill off with water and not have to leather off after every wash.
Anyone else experiencing the same with Firenze???????

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
10-03-2012 06:12pm
ChuckieB

(10-03-2012 06:12pm)mickydd Wrote:  Washing it twice a week so far. Am really surprised how much dirt the Firenze paint shows up. All my previous cars have been silver and greys, I know why now.
I love the colour when it is clean, but even when it rains, it shows up with dirty pools on the paintwork.
Am considering some type of glaze to hopefully allow me to swill off with water and not have to leather off after every wash.
Anyone else experiencing the same with Firenze???????

Yep! Haven't even bothered washing it yet this weekend. It'll be pointless. Besides, it's a much bigger job than my Clio!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
10-03-2012 06:17pm