Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
How much will insurance be?!
ceebee

How much will insurance be?!

Just insured my SD4, pure, manual for £390 through esure

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
23-10-2011 09:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: How much will insurance be?!

I will say in my opinion Admiral Multi-car, particularly the sales... Awesome. (hard to believe I can say that about an insurance company)

Really helpful and ended up with the cost of my 2 cars for less than the price of my existing policy Shocked, as they duplicated my No-Claims Thumbs Up And they do cover the optional extras, including the Panoramic roof (with glass excess), someone on here said they didn't, and no extra cost.

Replacement cost, is market value only so consideration for GAP is essential.

Only downside is the customer aftersales is a dodgy call centre...

Sales guy kept saying I saw that on Top gear in the desert... looked fantastic. Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-11-2011 04:57pm
cjfp

Just done my insurance - 40 (yes, I know I look younger!), parked on drive, 3 pts, one fault accident 4 years ago (£2k), total £350 excess, with wife on multicar policy with admiral was £440

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-12-2011 05:12pm
simonc

Just been starting to look into insurance for my Evoque when it (hopefully) arrives in March. I'm currently with swiftcover but the best they were able to offer me was about £600 - quite a jump from the £400ish I'm currently paying for my aging CLK. Best quote for the Evoque I've found so far is from directline - £475 (33yo male, one fault accident ~3 years ago, no points, 5 years NCD). Anyone got any horror stories about directline i should know about? (Though I expect every car insurer has their fair share of horror stories!).

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
17-01-2012 11:39pm
PhilSkill

Always found Direct line expensive for me, and not greatly helpful or courteous so moved elsewhere, but what works for one is totally different for another in the insurance game, just phone around as much as you can. Checkout cover for optional extras incl panoramic roof as maybe covered with glass excess or policy excess or not at all.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-01-2012 12:50am
vinny

Just took out mine for this year,£285 with £300 excess with hastings direct.44 year old full ncd with business use for me and mrs Very Happy

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
21-01-2012 06:11pm
J77

John Lewis refuse to insure anyone under the age of 35 for an evoque Rolling with Laughter. Not really a laughing matter as I had to cancel my policy with them, despite them insuring me for my freelander 2 SD4. And the bxxxxxds charged me a cancellation fee and sent me a letter saying "we are very sorry you chose to cancel your policy with us".

MadMad

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 06:24pm by J77.)
29-01-2012 06:17pm
LDT

You could try making a formal complaint - I'd be very surprised if you didn't get your "cancellation" fee back

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
29-01-2012 07:54pm
broady43

I am with Direct Line,they have always been the cheapest for me.The only problem I have had with them is they did not renew my policy with them last year,which they have normally done so for the last 15 years as I had 2 claims (not my fault,other insurer paid).Made a small amendment to my policy and found out I had had no insurance for the last 8 months!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
29-01-2012 08:19pm
kimquotes

Insurance would really differ on cars model, modifications, the age of the driver and the state you live in.... But there could always opposite on all of things as thinking of how expensive they are. Why not think of where to find cheaper insurance with the best policy.

Thinking of... GMAC Insurance Review
19-04-2012 09:41am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply