Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque LOVING IT but door rattle
Rover15

RE: Evoque LOVING IT but door rattle

Same troubles with my '13 Evoque 5 door. One of the rear doors has a vibration-based rattle. It's hit or miss being duplicated (of course on the day it's scheduled at the dealer, no rattle). The only thing besides temperature and humidity that effect it is literally cracking the window a hair (just enough to break the tight seal). Voila no more rattle until I close it to where it seals. That doesn't seem to help the JLR tech to diagnose what's causing it though.

Any help with anyone who resolved would be great. It's the last annoying creak, squeak and rattle that needs fixed. The dealer has resolved most of the others. It's just annoying as hell to put up with it in a $50k vehicle that I've never had off the road!!

Any suggestions would be great!
26-07-2014 02:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rover15

RE: Evoque LOVING IT but door rattle

Like I mentioned above - same issue. A rattle coming from rear passenger door had me plagued. Every time I took a service tech with me for a ride, the temp was just right for it not to be happening. Of course 10 min later, back it was. Tapping the window down just a hair to release the tight seal stops whatever pieces of plastic and metal are rattling.

Finally figured out (on my own) by tapping and shaking every piece of material around and that is part of that door. By chance I turned to the OUTSIDE of the car and low and behold found that the C-pillar trim (see pic) was actually rattling when I lightly tapped on it. Went to the driver's side (which is not rattling) and it is tight and flush on the vehicle. No rattle when tapping on it.

.bmp  Rattling.bmp (Size: 441.05 KB / Downloads: 65)

Voila - sent photo of the trim piece to the dealer and they ordered a new one right away. (not sure it needed a NEW one. Figured it just needed to be re-seated/re-glued. But ok....) Service Manager said it's not the first issue they've seen with that trim piece. Why they didn't suggest that when I had the truck in there the 2 times before is beyond me. I'm back in a pretty quiet Evoque now.

Creaks & Rattle Resolutions so far:
- Dealer applied a belt lubricant to all 4 door seals. That quieted all of the interior creaking I was experiencing!!
- Rear Window Rattle - Exterior C-pillar trim (repair/replace)
08-08-2014 08:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply