Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cosworth Blue anybody?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Cosworth Blue anybody?

The original Autobiography service offered "any colour you like, for £10k extra, sir, £15k for a paint job where the colour changes as you walk around the car too"

Loire blue is very nice, especially with the silver contrast roof, but it is not a very bright shade. Buckingham Blue was fantastic on a sunny day with its black and blue flecks in it, but we so rarely get those sunny days.......... Another colour that looked magic in the sun was the Vesuvius Orange the the First Edition RRS S/C was available in. Looked lovely and orange in the sun, but in the dull of the UK looked more like cowsh1t brown with a tinge of green in it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 02:02pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-08-2014 02:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

I think that most of the premium manufactures colour choices are generally dull apart from the flat white and red they all seem to offer. Funny how they all offer an enhanced choice for many thousands of pounds more

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-08-2014 01:29pm
J77

Martinique Blue and Mauritius Blue were both nice shades, but unfortunately the former was discontinued a few years back and the later is due to be replaced.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
04-08-2014 02:19pm
mark_n

While we're speaking of blues, take a look at the fabulous (not that I am trying to influence your opinion) Estoril blue of the new RR Sport SVR. Links everywhere, google is your friend...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 11:05am by mark_n.)
12-08-2014 11:05am
XFullFatTim

Nice colour, shame about the price - £93450 before options! You can buy a very good Porsche SUV for less, after options! Apart from a factory fitted body kit, some fancy paint and uprated ECU and brakes I wonder what LR adds to justify such a monster price?

I hope the marketing people take note of the comments on several websites that is high time LR ditched their dull as ditchwater colour chart for some more exciting colours. Although I must admit that the metallic orange for the Autbiography Evoque is maybe a bit too eye watering for many!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2014 12:42pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-08-2014 12:35pm
mark_n

To some degree, there are charging what they think the market will bear and it's benchmarked against the Cayenne turbo. I think, actually, that sales of the 5.0 SC Autobiography will fall away. If you're after the performance, why wouldn't you go for the SVR? In any case, I think it's great news for LR that the car exists.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-08-2014 05:59pm
J77

I like the SVR, it doesn't have in your face styling. It retains the grace of the RR but has a bad boy streak.

Agreed, that LR need to introduce a more attractive colour palette.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
12-08-2014 10:21pm
XFullFatTim

Yes Mark, good on them for realising that RRS 's image is strong enough in the right market - would have been a wasted effort doing the same things to a FFRR or a Disco4!

14-08-2014 04:58am