Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How are our founder members doing?
Evo-king

Around about this time last year we had a number of members proudly taken or taking delivery of their new Evoques.

There is sure to be a few who have parted company with their cars.

Some still post on here, I just wondered how everyone is doing just over a year on?

Is the love affair/affection for the car still there?

I'm still enjoying mine.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
08-12-2012 04:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: How are our founder members doing?

Still loving mine, almost a year on (build date 21/12/11) officially took ownership in January this year.

Throughout the year I've thought about going back to a Fl2 but every time I drive the Evoque it puts a smile on my face and a year on it still turns heads.

Possibly Order another next autum.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
08-12-2012 04:22pm
ceebee

Picked mine up on 25/10/11 and sold it two weeks ago!

Great car, but my circumstances changed so now driving something else.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012 04:50pm by ceebee.)
08-12-2012 04:50pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mine was delivered 15 months ago tomorrow (9th Sept 2011) - still loving it but passion severely dented by the New Range Rover Tdv6 which was able to achieve similar fuel economy to my Evoque with a much more capable and heavy vehicle............ All I need is the additional money that the New Range Rover costs! If the 2014 RRS can be brought to the market at a more sensible price than the current one and with the 4.4TDv8 engine and similar fit and finish as its big sister then I'll be heading in that direction. Unfortunately the higher spec Evoques are looking exceptionally poor value and poor quality against the bigger cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-12-2012 05:21pm
PhilSkill

Still enjoying mine!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-12-2012 05:24pm
J77

+1 Tim, the Evoque is now lurking in the shadows of its larger siblings. Improvements need to be made to keep it in line with the others.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
08-12-2012 05:54pm
cutter7

Mines a year old today!!

Might treat it to a shot of oil later, still enjoying it though..

08-12-2012 06:40pm
slee18

Mine is also 15 months old as well. Loving it everyday I drive it. Haven't regretted a moment of my switch to Range Rover brand. I have always had a fascination with this brand and it hasn't disappointed.

I live in an area dominated by X5 and RX350, those owners ask why I purchased and over priced Range Rover. I ask them why did you purchase a boring Lexus or BMW with cheap interiors.

I can't afford FFRR but I can always dream Smile

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
08-12-2012 07:03pm
IKM

(08-12-2012 05:54pm)J77 Wrote:  +1 Tim, the Evoque is now lurking in the shadows of its larger siblings. Improvements need to be made to keep it in line with the others.
+2, absolutely agree with your comments.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
08-12-2012 07:17pm
mark_n

A year in, I'm really enjoying mine and that's against a background of some other cars in my garage - Porsche, Mercedes and Ferrari. I think it's a great car at its price point and only yesterday proved its versatility down rutted muddy roads in Gloucestershire to go walking and then out to dinner in the evening, relaxed and comfortable.

Of course you would expect the new FFRR to be better but it is nearly double the price. The new car will not fit in my garage - too long - so it's a non-starter and I don't often need 4 seats.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
08-12-2012 07:28pm