Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do You Guys Use Your Gtechniq Products?
The Valeter

How Do You Guys Use Your Gtechniq Products?

Tried Gtechniq today for the first time on my new Evoque. I am very set in my ways & like to stick with products I know & have allways found Autoglym to do what it says on the tin!

I used some P1 on my paint today to cleanse it. It says on the instructions if using by hand for best results use their foam pad which I did but what it doesn't say is which side as one is dark grey & one is blue? I used the grey side.
I then applied C1. The instuctions on the tiny bottle of C1 say remove immediately with a microfibre cloth but not which type? I tried with the red MF3 I believe & that was useless as it just smeared the stuff so used the grey one which seemed ok but needed to leave it for more than straight away as it was wet for a few minutes so did two panels at a time.

Do you guys just do the above or do you put something else on or before or after the C1?
I have emailed Gtechniq twice in the last 5 days but got no responce & since found out that I bought several items that I could have got in a pack they offer for less but wasn't offered it.
These are the products I have bought :-
P1, P2, C1, C1.5, C4, C5, C6, L1, G4, G5, G-Wash (3.8L), M1-Metal Polish, Panel Wipe, MF1 & MF3 microfibre cloths, MF2 Towel.

Which products have you guys used on your cars & how did you apply them?
Is there an alternative for the very small pads that come with the C!?
Do you use the G-Wash & how do you find it?
I have used microfibre drying towels before but got the MF2 as it is sold as being Zero scratch though in the past I have used a synthetic leather or water magnet (like a microfibre cloth) to drag the water off the car then go with the microfibre cloth as they get wet quickly then once wet generally just spread the water unless you have an endless suply of these cloths. How do you guys dry your cars with the microfibre's?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 02:25am by The Valeter.)
04-03-2013 02:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: How Do You Guys Use Your Gtechniq Products?

As far as I can remember if you go on to their website and into Gshop, with most of the products on there, if you click onto them another link comes up and generally there is a video explaining things.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-03-2013 09:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

Ref: P1.
Sounds like you used too much product, you only need a pea sized amount working it in until it disappears.
P1 is a bit harsh for new paint (it will remove light scratches) there P2 is more of a light compound. But if your after paint cleanse, wash, de tar, de iron, wash, clay bar etc.... & for a mirror finish try a "final finish" compound, which wont cut the paint (Menzerna FF3000).

As with all things in life, a little goes a long way Wink

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-03-2013 09:40am
WB
WB

Gtechniq and other hi-tech products like c-quartz are very different to the traditional products like Autoglym.

It sounds like with both the P1 and C1 you're using too much product.

P1 - the tri-foam pas had a soft side and a harder side - the black side is firmer for a stronger applicaiton and the white side is softer for a lighter polish.

I was lucky enough to be showed how to use them by an authorised GTechniq detailer but if you can't get some tuition I'd suggest the videos which are very good and head over to detailingworld.co.uk and spend some time on there. The C1 application should be done after a thorough IPA (20%) wipedown (After the P1) and using the smooth side of the cosmetic pads - a couple of dabs should do quarter of a bonnet. Do one panel at a time then wipe off in straight lines using an MF1. If it is streaking then you've used too much and need to wipe again with a clean side of the MF1.

I've used G-wash and UV wash and find them both to be excellent. 1-2 caps in a bucket is all you need and a good quality lambswool mitt.

As for drying the general wisdom now is to use a combination of patting drywith a very thick microfibre towel and/or blow off so you touch the paint as little as possible.

I have the following products: C1, C1.5, C4, C5, C6, EXO, G1, G5, G4, M1, I1, L1, P1, C2, C2v2, C3, G-Wash, MF1, MF2, T1 and possibly some others that I've missed off!
04-03-2013 12:05pm
The Valeter

Thanks, I probably have used too much product - C1 on the little pad though I didn't realise there was 2 different sides to it
Oh well get used to it eventually - trial & error & all that lol.
Recon I may get a blower now too.

I generally drag a water magnet towel over then microfibre & use the synthetic leathers for the nooks & crannies as microfibres seem useless in those areas for removing water anyway.
Just did the C1 to the areas I missed yesterday.
I phoned Gtechniq regarding the C1 etc last week & was recomended to go P1 then C1 or the panel wipe first.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 03:16pm by The Valeter.)
04-03-2013 03:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
recordman

Jeepers, it all sounds incredibly complicated!
04-03-2013 07:26pm
The Valeter

Got to say, not very impressed with their customer service, I rang today to speak to Rob but was told he was out Wink Asked for phone number & told would get a call around 3pm - No call. Evil

04-03-2013 08:09pm
WB
WB

(04-03-2013 08:09pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Got to say, not very impressed with their customer service, I rang today to speak to Rob but was told he was out Wink Asked for phone number & told would get a call around 3pm - No call. Evil

There aren't many companies these days where you can get hold of the MD at all... try seeing if you can get your Bank Manager to return a call on the same day Laughing
04-03-2013 09:10pm
JohnM

It would be nice if they did a complete kit that included Body Work/ Interior Trim/Exterior trim/Glass polish/Glass sealant/Leather cleaner/protector/ Detailer spray, ect as apposed to having to buy it all separatley. Keen on this product just a bit old school as i have always used polishes & sealants that need constant topping up for the protection to last more than 8 to 12 weeks but very tempted by this new detailing technology.
05-03-2013 02:23pm
speary

I use C2 to great effect and the finish lasts. I am trying G-wash and their lambs wool mit. First wash used 2 caps to a bucket and was a bit dissapointed with the suds. This week I used 2 and a half and it was much better and felt well lubricated when applying to the car. I use the MF2 drying towel which will just about dry the whole car without wringing out. I also find it good for absorbing water from all those water traps on the car, along trims etc
One other comment, having Fuji white I tend to notice that tar spots appear rather quickly just behind the front wheels on the lower wing and doors. I would have expected that they would come off easier with the C2 on the paint but they still need clay barring to get them off. At least C2 is really easy to re apply

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
05-03-2013 02:26pm