Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now?
RacingSnake

RE: Hosepipe ban - how do I wash my car now?

the blue badge scheme is exclusively limited to drivers (or passengers in assistance with drivers).

Why not use the local authority disability register?

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
13-03-2012 04:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

The reason they allow the use (in my case) is if they didn't they would be putting me out of work & the same for some Window Cleaners I guess!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
14-03-2012 12:40am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

We had these bans a couple of years ago in Sydney, fortunately our dams are now overflowing. We had the same bucket exemption. What I did was first use my own bucket and sponge at the self clean car wash. I went first thing in the morning before the crowds. I only paid a few bucks for water to rinse the car. They finally got on to us and removed the taps used to fill the buckets, so we had to use the foam brush etc and therefore pay for $. As I do like using the foam brushes at those places I decided to build my own bucket and pump system. I got a large bucket 40 liters and made up a 12 volt submersible pump and hose that ran off the 12 volt outlet in the rear of the car. When the bucket was empty I filled it up with the hose. We had water inspectors driving around trying to fine offenders. One of them stopped and watch me wash the car, before he could say anything I told him I was washing the car using a bucket. He could not argue but did looked pissed off that he could not get me. Just an idea for you guys to get around it, also do it on the grass so you water the lawn.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
14-03-2012 10:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

you could try Optimum No Rinse...

have a look here for a review...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/prod...rinse.html

i brought some to use a a clay lube, but have not had a chance to use it for washing yet.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
14-03-2012 11:14am
Dimitrios

Anyone tried Body Shield Pro? Saw it on a shopping channel last night and if it endorsed by Tiff it must be good Confused

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
19-03-2012 12:08pm
Claud

(19-03-2012 12:08pm)Dimitrios Wrote:  Anyone tried Body Shield Pro? Saw it on a shopping channel last night and if it endorsed by Tiff it must be good Confused

I too saw the Body Shield Pro product on TV but at £50 for the package I could tolerate a lot of buckets of soap and water!

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
19-03-2012 01:48pm
Dimitrios

After spending way to long on the web figuring out what detailing is I came across a few posts on how some of these guys carry on using their pressure washers (PW) during the ban. They use rain water from their guttering system to water-butts via a downpipe diverter. Then through a filter to their PW.
Depending on your PW throughput, I'm guessing 100Ls of water would get you around 15mins of spray time? More than enough time to pre-wash, foam and final wash, right?
I might try it but I think I'll have a long wait before I get 100L of rain water and probably end up using the tap... Twisted Evil

Dynamic SD4, Santorini, Chrome Shadow, Lux Pack, Priv Glass, Red /Black leather & headlining
Collection: 24 Mar 2012 / Ordered: Oct 2011
05-04-2012 03:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sneak out in the night and fill up the waterbutt from the tap.......................... with a hose of course! Although 100ltr is only 10 buckets full.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 04:10pm by XFullFatTim.)
05-04-2012 04:10pm
doug

You can pre-wash & rinse with only 25L. As a pressure washer will be running at a lower Lmin with out mains pressure. I did find the pressure was too low to run a snow lance, so I rigged up a shower pump after my filter for added pressure.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
05-04-2012 06:09pm
PhilSkill

Hosepipe ban lifted for many! Snow Foam Lances at the ready... Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-06-2012 05:50pm