Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horrible clunky noise when engaging clutch
MrHooky

Horrible clunky noise when engaging clutch

So this has probably happened about half a dozen times now in the 3 months we’ve had the car. Car has done does shy of 4,000 miles and is a manual eD4 model.

It has tended to be when reversing, slow speed manoeuvring, when engaging the clutch there seems to quite a mechanical noisy crunching sound. The car doesn’t seem to be affected in that it still reverses, but it’s a truly horrible noise! It has tended to happen at the end of a 30-40 minute journey although it has also done it from cold once.

I’m not actually that bothered as the car is under warranty and seems unaffected driveability wise. Just wondered if anyone else has had this noise and if they’ve had it investigated?

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
19-07-2012 09:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CRC@LandRover

RE: Horrible clunky noise when engaging clutch

Hi MrHooky,

I'm Nick from the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing a clunking noise when engaging your clutch. I would suggest that you get your vehicle booked into your local dealership for an investigation.

I'll be more than happy to speak to the dealership when your car is with them if you would like me to. Please send me a private message with your full name, vehicle registration/ VIN number and e-mail address and I'll be in touch.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
19-07-2012 10:29am
petoCha

Hi MrHooky,

I have tie same problem as you. Own the car for two months and already hear strange noise when in low speed, when i engage or release the clutch. It looks to me as if some parts were loose.
The only difference is, that i experience it every time i drive in low speed. First gear, reverse and sometimes second.
Did you somehow manage to solve this problem? Because i tryed to google this and you were the only one with this specific noise.
I also hear clicking noise when turning the wheels, but it seems it can be fixed.

Nick, do you please know more about this problem?

Thank you both.
21-11-2012 12:36am
tripletreiber

(21-11-2012 12:36am)petoCha Wrote:  Hi MrHooky,

I have tie same problem as you. Own the car for two months and already hear strange noise when in low speed, when i engage or release the clutch. It looks to me as if some parts were loose.
The only difference is, that i experience it every time i drive in low speed. First gear, reverse and sometimes second.
Did you somehow manage to solve this problem? Because i tryed to google this and you were the only one with this specific noise.
I also hear clicking noise when turning the wheels, but it seems it can be fixed.

Nick, do you please know more about this problem?

Thank you both.

Hello,

i have the same problem with the clutch engage and release and with the clicking wheel noise. Is there a workaround for this problems?
TD4 manual 3900 km

Thanks

[Image: 536437_41.png] Shocked
21-11-2012 06:34am
mmonteiro

(21-11-2012 06:34am)tripletreiber Wrote:  Hello,

i have the same problem with the clutch engage and release and with the clicking wheel noise. Is there a workaround for this problems?
TD4 manual 3900 km

Thanks

Same here! It happens on 1400-1700 rpm with my manual gearbox. (diesel)
27-11-2012 01:09pm
MrHooky

Just to update on this - I never got it sorted and it is now happening a lot more. I'd say most days or certainly every other day. Car has done 10,500 miles now and is due a service later this month so I'll add to the list of things to get sorted.

Just out of curiosity though did anyone manage to get an answer to what the noise was/might be and if so whether it is curable?!

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
18-02-2013 10:45pm
griff

(18-02-2013 10:45pm)MrHooky Wrote:  Just to update on this - I never got it sorted and it is now happening a lot more. I'd say most days or certainly every other day. Car has done 10,500 miles now and is due a service later this month so I'll add to the list of things to get sorted.

Just out of curiosity though did anyone manage to get an answer to what the noise was/might be and if so whether it is curable?!
Surely it would be wise to get it checked out by your dealer now? Or what did they say when you mentioned it to them?
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 19-02-2013 10:06am by griff.)
19-02-2013 10:05am