Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hood problem
speary

RE: Hood problem

My bonnet is sitting a lower on the passenger side. There is nearly no gap above the wheel arch. On checking the rubber stops one of them looks deformed ie it is at a slight angle. I think the problem is that they have to be screwed out too fat to give the correct bonnet gap and this makes them unstable.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
09-10-2012 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vc

Had this with mine when I topped up the oil. Garage said it was a common problem and had a new bonnet sensor fitted last week along with a new A pillar on the drivers side as I had a gap between the dash and pillar. Apparently the pillar was distorted.

Haven't opened the bonnet since to check that it is ok, guess I'll find out when I next top up Rolling Eyes

COLLECTED 20th July Very Happy
Ordered 4th April, built 6th July
Pure SD4 auto, Mauritius Blue fogs, signatures, tailgate, power fold mirrors, electric drivers seat,
cirrus/lunar, auto dim mirror, mats.
09-10-2012 06:28pm
DrBonz

I have this problem right now. Was driving the car home from the dealer two days ago (just picked up my new Pure Plus!) and someone forgot to close the hood. I could see that it was loose (but the latch was engaged fortunately). So I got out, unlatched it, lifted it up and let it fall closed. Now the hood sensor light will not go out despite the fact that it appears to be closed. Now I cannot lock the car! So can anyone tell me exactly WHERE the sensor is? Anyone have a photo or illustration of it?

Thanks!

2013 Evoque Coupe. Pure Plus. Fuji White. All Ebony Interior. Climate Comfort Pack. Pure Premium Pack. XM radio. Nuff Said
12-08-2013 12:39pm
Trapdoor

(12-08-2013 12:39pm)DrBonz Wrote:  I have this problem right now. Was driving the car home from the dealer two days ago (just picked up my new Pure Plus!) and someone forgot to close the hood. I could see that it was loose (but the latch was engaged fortunately). So I got out, unlatched it, lifted it up and let it fall closed. Now the hood sensor light will not go out despite the fact that it appears to be closed. Now I cannot lock the car! So can anyone tell me exactly WHERE the sensor is? Anyone have a photo or illustration of it?

Thanks!
TOPIx workshop manual says....
  • A separate hood ajar micro switch, located in RH hood latch mechanism in the engine compartment, monitors the hood status.

This may help.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  TOPIX hood switch.pdf (Size: 155.45 KB / Downloads: 45)

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2013 07:16pm by Trapdoor.)
14-08-2013 07:13pm