Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
High pitched whine from centre rear of car.......
JDN

RE: High pitched whine from centre rear of car.......

Yes. Call this morning. Rear dif will be replaced entirely at no cost to me. They've not mentioned if anything else has been checked.

Whilst these cars seem to have a lot of issues; Land Rover assist and the warranty manage to keep me on side.

I'd NEVER owned one of these now, without a warranty.
06-02-2017 10:55am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RogB

RE: High pitched whine from centre rear of car.......

(06-02-2017 10:51am)Steve D Wrote:  Or possibly not! Maybe things have changed since my main dealer days but any kind of warranty work was at a vastly inferior hourly rate compared to retail prices. Consequently, any way of bumping up the size of a warranty job by finding 'extra' work, specifically labour intensive work with very little parts required, (large units had to be sent back for examination) were often used. Gaskets and seals were the norm, even in my day!

Either way its down on the invoice, so even if they do go again soon ill be covered. I do like the safety net of decent warranty for the next 19 months. Unlike warranty wise or warranty direct !

2012 Evoque Pure 5 door - Santorini Black, 20'' style 6 wheels, privacy, fogs, (accident damaged wreck direct from LR approved :rollSmile
2011 Evoque Prestige 3 door - Indus Silver, gloss black 19'' style 5 wheels, privacy, partial black pack.

and a few Freelander 2 over the yearsLaughing
06-02-2017 12:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply