Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with few things please guys - Side mirror and turbo
yasser91

Help with few things please guys - Side mirror and turbo

Hi all,

Purchased first Evoque yesterday and so far very impressed I must say.

Just wanted to know if the turbo noise is normal as you put your foot down on the accelerator, its not crazy loud but never owned a turbo vehicle and this is for the mrs, so just wanted to know thats normal?

Also my side mirror seems to be missing a piece which doesn't hold it in place solidly. Wondering if there is something i need to buy to put it in its place? There is a gap like a clip or bracket is meant to go there but functions perfectly?

Do you guys recommend any after market warranty to purchase for the car? It has full service up to 63500 miles.

Thanks in advance for your help.
23-06-2017 11:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Help with few things please guys - Side mirror and turbo

Can't say I've ever noticed any turbo noise under normal driving conditions.

I assume you bought second hand, Did you not get any warranty when you bought it? I'd certainly recommend something to at least get you through the initial ownership issues, but make sure you check what's covered carefully whichever company you use, Like the turbo!.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-06-2017 11:42am
Pete

The noise could also be from the tires - things got a bit noisier for me when the tires were reaching the end of life.

Porsche Macan
23-06-2017 11:46am
PhilSkill

For the mirror, hard to know what bit you mean, normally It consists of the main body, the cover, the indicator and the mirror, the rest is internal.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
23-06-2017 11:46am
yasser91

(23-06-2017 11:42am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Can't say I've ever noticed any turbo noise under normal driving conditions.

I assume you bought second hand, Did you not get any warranty when you bought it? I'd certainly recommend something to at least get you through the initial ownership issues, but make sure you check what's covered carefully whichever company you use, Like the turbo!.

Yes Second hand of course (would never buy a new car). I want to buy warranty from a third party yes, wondering which one is the best to go for...

Its like when i put my foot down hard it made a slight turbo spool noise which sounded epic and a few range rovers ive seen have that noise. But wondered if it was normal. Its not loud that you think theres an issue so all good.

(23-06-2017 11:46am)Pete Wrote:  The noise could also be from the tires - things got a bit noisier for me when the tires were reaching the end of life.

There are Pirellis on 18inch wheels. Going to be purchasing the 20inch wheels today from a person in hemel for £680 with tyres which are michellin brand. So quite chuffed with that.

(23-06-2017 11:46am)PhilSkill Wrote:  For the mirror, hard to know what bit you mean, normally It consists of the main body, the cover, the indicator and the mirror, the rest is internal.

Its like where the mirror sits, theres a small plastic bit that has a shape and closes it. Need to take a pic and you will understand. Most likely go in and order the actual part or stick it down with Tiger glue just for peace of mind.
(This post was last modified: 23-06-2017 12:03pm by yasser91.)
23-06-2017 12:01pm
PhilSkill

A pic would help, Might be worth trying forum sponsor DuckworthParts, they'll mail order OEM parts and give a discount for forum members.

23-06-2017 12:15pm
jeffersj

Could the noise you describe be like that here http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Wheel-spin-type-noise, previously discussed?

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
23-06-2017 05:24pm
sasdiscos

My turbo is quite loud.
24-06-2017 10:06am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Are you sure it is the Turbo? Two other things can make high pitched noises, but NOT normally - the high pressure fuel pump and the viscous coupling cooling fan can come on and that is quite audible in the cabin, even more so outside the car. The VC fan can sometimes run on start up but should not run all the time

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2017 01:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-06-2017 01:55pm