Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New spare key fob not working - do I need to pay £168?
karena

I bought a new Evoque in 2017 and never tested the spare. I temporarily mislaid my usual fob and found the new fob which has never been used, just locked away for three years. It wouldn't work so I was advised by LR to change the battery which I have done, still doesn't work. I called LR who advised I should bring the car in and they would check the battery. Went in this morning, not interested in checking my new battery and was told I would have to pay £168.00 to get it working (one hour labour)! I have an extended two years LR warranty on the vehicle. Apparently too bad, LR warranty does not cover the fob (although it is brand new and never used). The service person was miserable and clearly didnt want to be working on Saturday. Is this correct and I presume I have to use LR to sort? Many thanks.Rolling Eyes
12-09-2020 10:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dwtk81

(12-09-2020 10:18pm)karena Wrote:  I bought a new Evoque in 2017 and never tested the spare. I temporarily mislaid my usual fob and found the new fob which has never been used, just locked away for three years. It wouldn't work so I was advised by LR to change the battery which I have done, still doesn't work. I called LR who advised I should bring the car in and they would check the battery. Went in this morning, not interested in checking my new battery and was told I would have to pay £168.00 to get it working (one hour labour)! I have an extended two years LR warranty on the vehicle. Apparently too bad, LR warranty does not cover the fob (although it is brand new and never used). The service person was miserable and clearly didnt want to be working on Saturday. Is this correct and I presume I have to use LR to sort? Many thanks.Rolling Eyes

I got my kvm reprogrammed recently . Got a new key , door lock change and keys reprogrammed by a car locksmith for 400 . So I would definitely shop around and find someone else to do it . Would cost you way less . I think the LR quote for I got was 3000 from LR

I live in south London so could share number with the guy that did mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
15-09-2020 11:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply