Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help needed to choose an alternative car...
alibeau

RE: Help needed to choose an alternative car...

Little update - for those who are still interested Laughing

It's a no to the Veloster.... nice enough car, auto drove quite nicely and felt quicker than I imagined, more spacious than I pictured too but this used model '12 plate smelt smokey and the leather was worn Sad

Then we had a strange turn of events where Hubby pretty much fell in love with the top of the range Santa Fe! Could not have predicted that! Laughing

So not sure where that leaves us at the moment.... I am still interested in the Qashqai....

I have one question regarding selling my Evoque privately. There is outstanding finance on the car for which I have obtained a settlement figure, would I have to settle this figure myself before selling/advertising the car or could/would the buyer settle directly and pay me the balance? What is the norm? Or is it not feasible to sell a car with outstanding finance on it??

Any advice?

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
13-01-2014 12:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

I've never had to pay back finance, but would you trust someone else to pay off your bills...? And be sure the loan company will not come chasing after you in the future.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-01-2014 01:16pm
alibeau

(13-01-2014 01:16pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've never had to pay back finance, but would you trust someone else to pay off your bills...? And be sure the loan company will not come chasing after you in the future.

Exactly, which is why I was wondering if any potential buyer could settle directly and pay the balance to me? I'm a fish out of water on this as haven't sold a car privately for years......

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
13-01-2014 01:26pm
recordman

I suppose what you have to do is get the buyer to settle with the finance company directly. Once the FC confirms that it has the money you can release the car after you have received any balance that might be due to you from the buyer.

2013 SD4 Prestige auto/5dr/OG/Fuji pano roof
13-01-2014 01:35pm
Craig_d1

I bought our A1 privately and it had finance still outstanding. After agreeing the price with the seller(made sure he was who he said he was by having him provide passport and proof of address that matched cars documents), and checking the car, doing hpi check which also confirmed the finance etc we went to the bank. Once there, we called the finance company up and I got the balance outstanding. Did a payment from my account to the finance company(was audi finance and confirmed it had been paid by me). Think I did Chaps payment and put note in it was for purchase of car from seller), and another payment to the seller for the balance. Got copies from the bank of both payments, one for him, one for me.
The Seller had all the documents, history etc. Everything was signed there and then and keys handed over. Went very smoothly
13-01-2014 01:36pm