Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige Silver Window Trim
IKM

Prestige Silver Window Trim

My Prestige is almost 10 months, and I've noticed that the silver trim around the outside of windows is becoming quite mottled with "water marks". I wouldn't have minded so much if my car was years old. Any suggestions please as to how I maybe able to remove the marks? I've tried to polish them out, used glass cleaner and today reverted to vinegar (now smells like a chip shop).

If in the even that everything fails to remove the marks, should I seek replacement trim under the warranty?

Thanks a lot.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-09-2012 02:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Prestige Silver Window Trim

When my Merc had it second service 2yrs old, I pointed out some kind of corrosion on the lacquer on the alloys, 3 wheels were replaced under warranty, at the same time the garage noticed that the chrome effect strips along the side of the doors was showing similar symptoms to your window trim, each one was replaced under warranty.

I suggest you point this out to your dealer at your first service and don't take no for an answer.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-09-2012 09:30pm
IKM

Thanks Evo-King, always good to get an unbiased opinion. I'm due back next Friday for a replacement rear light cluster and reverse camera, so I'll record it with them then, and book it in (again). Dealer's actually very helpful ... At least to date.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

12-09-2012 09:44pm
WB
WB

What's the issue with the light cluster and camera? ONe of my rear light clusters was replaced because the black backing was delaminating.
12-09-2012 09:53pm
Evo-king

If I'm not mistaken, when the dealer undertakes warranty work, they don't pay for it, it is charged to the manufacturer.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-09-2012 09:53pm
IKM

(12-09-2012 09:53pm)WB Wrote:  What's the issue with the light cluster and camera? ONe of my rear light clusters was replaced because the black backing was delaminating.
Nearside only continouosly mists inside ... And the camera's completely blurred (surround ones are fine). I know some folk might mention goretex type membranes etc, but if that or atmosphere caused the misting then it would come and go, and also occur on other lights esp. the front.

12-09-2012 10:06pm