Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Starter Solenoid Issues
sbroon

Starter Solenoid Issues

Hi folks,

So who else has had starter issues where the only thing that seems to happen when you press the start button is the ping sound of the solenoid? This will happen intermittently. It may run fine for a few weeks and struggle for another.

I've contacted Land Rover who wanted to charge me a hefty fee just for the diagnostic when it had JUST been in for an MOT and full service, so I really didn't want to give them anymore of my pennies until I've exhausted all other options.

I've done what seems to be the most common action of replacing the battery but no result.

Recently I've found on eBay a starter motor repair kits which seems to tick all the boxes highlighting the same symptoms such as "clicking sound and intermittent starting."

The only problem I now have is how do I take the starter motor out.

Has anyone else experienced this repair kit and taken the starter motor out themselves with good results?

Any advice and guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanks Sean

Please see the link below with the part I'm referring too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RANGE-ROVER-E...2048157972
14-03-2018 03:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mickeyf

RE: Starter Solenoid Issues

I had the same issue. Battery was replaced under warranty, but problem reappeared a couple of weeks later. eventually repaired but was charged for the repair as it was out of warranty by then!
14-03-2018 07:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply