Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from new member
Morgs

Hello from new member

Hello to all. Picking up my new evoque on saturday. Looking forward to it after a 6 month wait. 2.2 ed4 2wd, 5door pure in fuji white, sat nav tech pach, 19in alloys, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Bit disappointed with the dealer as the value of my part ex has aparrently dropped by 3 grand since my order. Got me over a barrel though. Hope its worth it.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 10:51pm by Morgs.)
10-05-2012 10:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LDT

RE: Hello from new member

(10-05-2012 10:50pm)Morgs Wrote:  Hello to all. Picking up my new evoque on saturday. Looking forward to it after a 6 month wait. 2.2 ed4 2wd, 5door pure in fuji white, sat nav tech pach, 19in alloys, panoramic roof, privacy glass.

Bit disappointed with the dealer as the value of my part ex has aparrently dropped by 3 grand since my order. Got me over a barrel though. Hope its worth it.

Welcome.

3K - Shocked.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
10-05-2012 10:53pm
evoquemayne

Must be very excited, envious that your's is coming so soon.

All due respect, he's taking you for a ride because he could probably tell you were looking for a smooth switchover. Somewhere else?
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 11:01pm by evoquemayne.)
10-05-2012 11:00pm
Morgs

(10-05-2012 11:00pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  Must be very excited, envious that your's is coming so soon.

All due respect, he's taking you for a ride because he could probably tell you were looking for a smooth switchover. Somewhere else?

I know he's taking the mick. I do alot of miles and he has offered to hold on to the evoque for a fortnight to allow me to sell privately but i dont think i can cope with that.
10-05-2012 11:04pm
PhilSkill

Welcome Morgs, nice part of the world Pembrokeshire! Shame about the trade-in, I luckily managed to keep my old one, which has been very useful.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-05-2012 11:19pm
Morgs

(10-05-2012 11:19pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Welcome Morgs, nice part of the world Pembrokeshire! Shame about the trade-in, I luckily managed to keep my old one, which has been very useful.

Got too many cars her as it is, my wife wouldn't let me get away with that. Can't wait to get rid of it to be honest not a good ownership or dealer experience.
10-05-2012 11:22pm
Bernierooney

(10-05-2012 11:22pm)Morgs Wrote:  Got too many cars her as it is, my wife wouldn't let me get away with that. Can't wait to get rid of it to be honest not a good ownership or dealer experience.

Morgs, I think you're dealer is chancing his/her arm. I got my dealer to agree to a guaranteed trade-in price in Nov 11 irrespective of delivery date (initially March 12).

Evoque's aren't being discounted (I hope) therefore dealer's can't expect "top book" for the Evoque and offer "bottom trade" for your existing which is reduced further through no fault of your own. My local dealer had this approach pre-sale however I opted for a dealer who, in my opinion, was fair and guaranteed a price despite the delivery date.

Obviously the Evoque's are revitalising sales at LandRover dealerships however I think they are very short-sighted to think they can hold customers over a barrel as a result.

My original dealership suggested charging for Matt's and Mud Flaps and offered a price £600 less (of a £2400 car) than my preferred dealer who also threw in flowers for my wife and a full tank of petrol. After the deal had been done I asked if I could add a rubber Boot-liner to the car (which I expected to pay for) and the dealer agreed to throw that in too.

The experience has been a complete eye-opener, the city dealerships appear to have a 'take it or leave it approach' whereas the rural dealers are looking for a fair deal and repeat business. I think many dealers are forgetting that 70-80% of customers are new to the brand !

Despite my 6 month delay I've no doubt which dealer I'll be going to next and who I'll be avoiding.

Good luck with your negotiations - I'd try to sell it privately for £50 more rather than give them the pleasure.
11-05-2012 12:06am
Morgs

Thanks for the advice. My problem is that in south wales there are only 3 landrover dealers, plus one who does servicing only. Stratstones are the biggest that own 2 of the 3 franchises. They are the dealer i bought my existing car from which is a jag xf, my business partner also bought a demo rr sport at the same time. Because of the after sales experience with them i will never use them again. I am buying from another dealer who is landrover only, but is 100 miles from home.

I'll be honest after my experience with the jag, it made me weary about using the same parent manufacturer again due to the indifferent service i have recieved after sale, so i'm a bit negative from the off. its been slightly better in terms of communication but nothing special so i'm still not convinced, it may be that they are so arrogant that the brand will sell itself that they have no need to give good service

my wife has had 2 minis and my daughters recently have had 2 brand new kias and sadly the dealer experience with all is far far better than any i have experienced with jaguar/landrover. This is particularly true of the mini/bmw dealer.
11-05-2012 07:46am
BOBM4N

I would mention to the dealer that the consensus on your Range Rover forum is that their revised offer is low and unfair.

Suggest that perhaps by reporting back to us that they honored their original quote it may bring them additional business in excess of the £3k they are looking for?

Everyone is looking for a good customer experience with LR and nobody will go out of their way for a bad one.

I mentioned 'a forum' with my dealer when my car was late being delivered. Next thing I know I had the £150 voucher and a courtesy car..... It seems that they are aware of the power of the interweb

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
11-05-2012 09:30am
Morgs

Definitely worth a try. I'll ring today to negotiate.
11-05-2012 09:44am