Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello Evoque
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hello Evoque

New Evoque has been revealed live on YouTube tonight - the configurator is live on the LR website BUT it will not fully work.......... in the best Land Rover tradition it left the factory with defectsLaughing
https://youtu.be/iFHN4hKpEX8

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-11-2018 11:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Hello Evoque

Good evolution of this iconic design, but i still think a good example of the original one holds up rather well against it.
Quality of interior looks to be superior, and they are finally offering a opening glass sunroof (maybe they saw my poll on here showing its potential popularity)
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Sunroof-o...pothetical
Not sure about more of that Velar style black touch screens though, and not a fan of the pop out door handles, as they don't feel good.
I see they've gone to traditional Auto gear lever (no pop up dial), and while i prefer this for use, i kind of like the futuristic and different look of the dial.
Having said that, iiiiif i ever change my faithful Evoque, it will be with one of these new ones, as i still think its the best looking premium compact SUV of all.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2018 11:48am by benzina.)
23-11-2018 03:49am
XFullFatTim

I think LR has missed a trick for people like me by not having the 48V mild hybrid or the PHEV available at launch aftervall they didn’t need to spend much to get the two current engines carried over.......... I also am not keen on the Jaguar naming for the various model levels, very non-descript.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2018 09:36am by XFullFatTim.)
23-11-2018 09:35am
J77

Mild hybrid is standard on all engines from launch apart from the D150.

I’ll wait for the PHEV in 2020 before replacing my Velar. But colour choice is awful, 2 whites, 2 blacks, fifty shades of grey and a red.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2018 11:34am by J77.)
23-11-2018 11:31am
XFullFatTim

There is a big write up in today’s new edition of What Car? 2020 is about the right time for me to considering a replacement PHEV for my Countryman. I will be more interested in the same PHEV version of the forthcoming Defender though as that would let me replace my 22year old (it will be 24 /25 in 2020) Defender AND the Countryman at the same time with one car.

23-11-2018 03:26pm