Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated windshield people..... any cops stop you?
335i

Heated windshield people..... any cops stop you?

Hello

I have tinted windshield in every car I own. Someone in our family has condition requires it through dmv and doctor so it is allowed. Usually never have any problem at all and I have had it DARK on many different cars. I am in very busy area always and no one cares but in suburbs where I live sometimes they care in upstate.

On this evoque car the windshield already look tinted because of heated windshield as its purple. At dusk and dawn and cloudy days cars with heated windshield already look like the windshield is tinted. I am sure you guys notice it on the newer nice cars.

I had put a light 50% tint on windshield and light tint on front windows. During sunlight it looks like nothing is tinted and looks clear as day but due to windshield heated you can see the purple hue at a angles and directly.

I do not drive this car anymore. Recently the same police man has target this car for windshield tint, he lives near by. He acknowledges the note but says person whose note is for needs to be driving and has given ticket each time. This is family car and many people drive/are in it, his logic is stupid and impossible. He is also targetting car each time on purpose.

I do not care to have the windshield tint anymore since apparently no other crimes are being committed and this guy is a clown. Going to cout with proper documentation to dismiss ticket is a day wasted plus u pay surcharge anyway.

My issue is when the windshield tint is removed it will still look tinted because of the heated purple hue. He has already target car twice made u turn turn sirens on and to pull over like criminal offense has been committed. Anyone else face this issue?
29-10-2016 08:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Heated windshield people..... any cops stop you?

The violet/ blue tint is standard on US spec cars so has passed DOT approval, it is also not tinting it is a UV reflective surface that is common on many cars today, especially those with Head Up Displays. You need to get a lawyer onto him for harassment..........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-10-2016 08:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply