Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Heated washer jets?
j7david

Heated washer jets?

I have a Dynamic (2012) which AFAIK includes the Tech Pack which says it includes heated washer jets for the windscreen ... it was -5C this morning and I had no use of the screenwash (pull lever, nothing happens) until I'd driven about 45 mins to a place where it was +1C.

I've no idea what screenwash is in there as it was almost empty when it went for its first service a week ago, and came back full, but as it's December I'd hope/presume/imagine it would be something vaguely suitable for cool temperatures.

Does that sound normal? Worth a trip to the dealer?
16-01-2013 09:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Heated washer jets?

It's January Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
16-01-2013 09:54pm
PhilSkill

Mine were frozen all day...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-01-2013 10:07pm
SINGHY

-7c up here in leedss this morning, washer jets on the Evoque frozen but washer jets on 6 year old Audi a3 were still squirting washer fluid. The Indians can learn a lot from the Germans!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
16-01-2013 10:49pm
doug

At -5 the screen wash used by the garages will freeze. I have to use neat screen wash when it's this cold, it's not good for your paint but with are roads so dirty this week 1/2mile down the road & I wouldn't be able to see out of my Transit windscreen with out it (and yes, it has a heated screen Very Happy)

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
16-01-2013 10:56pm
PhilSkill

I get high as a kite when i can spray it, but still frozen, never had frozen jets for long on the Mazda 6 and they're not heated, but it is a petrol so maybe more heat soak into the washer pipes.

If these are heated what controls the heater on them? (waits for an RTFM comment...)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-01-2013 12:06am
IvorRedOne

This also happens on my Wifes X-Type. Minus 2 and the jets freeze up. Thankfully I keep the Evoque in the Garage. Had Volvo's most of my adult life and never had the washers freeze up once even in minus 17 in the German winter months. We really do not have a clue in this country...
17-01-2013 12:16am
speary

Heated washer jets only work if the water pipe isnt frozen. Many many years ago I used to extend the washer pipes and wrap them round the radiator hose to great effect, no more frozen washers

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-01-2013 09:45am
Sarcastrix

(16-01-2013 10:07pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Mine were frozen all day...

It will stay frozen all day too as LR didn't locate the washer tank in engine bay - it's behind the front bumper.

Buy some decent screen wash Smile

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
17-01-2013 12:11pm
Stadt Panzer

Heated washer jets?

Use per-mixed screen wash from Shell and the screen wash works fine, -11 here this morning!!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
17-01-2013 12:38pm