Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Driver Seat height Adjustment
Maku

Driver Seat height Adjustment

I've just taken delivery of a new 2014 plate Pure Tech Evoque with a few add-ons - memory seats, panoramic roof etc, but have a problem in that the driver seat doesn't go high enough for my wife to drive safely.

She's very small (under 5ft) and was perfectly happy in our old Discovery 4 HSE, but isn't comfortable now driving in the Evoque.

We did of course try it out at the dealer a few months ago and it was just ok, but that was the 3-door version, so maybe was different?

We have the 6-way electric adjustable seat, which I also thought was the same as in Discovery, but it just does't raise up as much. All we need is one more inch really!!

I know she can use a cushion/wedge, but after spending £38k on a car, would really like to not have to.

I've spoken to the dealer and they say they're not aware of any way to modify the seat to raise it up any higher, but I was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas?

Many thanks.
09-05-2014 02:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hotwheelsvespa

RE: Driver Seat height Adjustment

Go to a vehicle trimmers and ask to have the drivers seat base re padded with extra foam to gain the required inch, shouldn't be too difficult I had a complete interior done on a full fat for £1500 so maybe £100 - £200ish.
09-05-2014 07:54pm
Maku

Thanks for the tip!!

Any chance you can let me know the place you had yours done?

Surrey isn't too far from here, and would rather go with a recommendation if possible.
09-05-2014 07:58pm
Hotwheelsvespa

(09-05-2014 07:58pm)Maku Wrote:  Thanks for the tip!!

Any chance you can let me know the place you had yours done?

Surrey isn't too far from here, and would rather go with a recommendation if possible.

http://www.oxtedgroup.co.uk/

Smile
11-05-2014 09:12am